i just wish i had someone in my life that can teach me about wigs and things of that sort because i need to start wearing one soon. I just feel so lost and alone, i wish no one else had to go through this but i wish there was some one who can help me. I dont anything about wigs, its so overwhelming and seems so complicated. My hair is really thing and i dont have much of it left.
if someone would just give me some tips i would greatly appreciate it

Views: 198

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Ana,
I have read most of Crowned Regal's wriings here and watched her videos. Try it.
Also Ana I have bought the book of : Leslie Ann Butler. She is a member here also. Her book is called: If Your Hair Falls Out, Keep dancing! It was awarded Book of the Year by Foreword Magazine. Think you'll get a lot of help from these two sources as well as everyone here. This is a wonderful place to come to.

Big Hugs
Marie
Ana,

The best advice I can think of is to spend the extra money to go to a full service wig salon, where they style the wig to exactly the way you like it. There is a world of difference between that and the "ready-to-wear" variety. Also, check with your insurance company because many of them cover the expense if you get a doctor's letter stating you have alopecia. My wigs are about $500. If you happen to be in Massachusetts there is a great place I can recommend. I've been dealing with this thing since I was three years old...it gets easier.

Kate
Hi Kate,
I'm a new member and need to find a Massachusetts salon.
Interested in name of the one you use.
Thanks
RLR
Ana, I hope you see my post. When I started developing alopecia about 10 or gosh 11 years ago - I joined a yahoo support group called "wig support". Thank God I found it! I found so much information and so many helpful members. Kathy Tonkin still runs the group which has moved from yahoo to msn.com to now http://www.wigsupport.com/forums/ . There is a wealth of info for you. Good luck.

It is overwhelming in the beginning but things will improve over time. PM if you need ....
thank you marie, kate , and Tuesday for reaching out to me ... everyone at alopecia world has been so nice and supportive . thank you ladies so much
Hi Anna,

How have you been. What have you been up to Hon?

Big Hugs
Marie
hey marie..
well im been doing good... what about u?
ive just been working and going to school ...
i found some websites on wigs but im still checking them out...
but we'll see what happens ...
take care !1
Hi Ana,
If you like I can give you some information on places to look on the net for wigs, just let me know Hon. I think I have some pretty good leads.
Big Hugs
Marie
Hi ana
I am all alone too.... dammit LOL ha!
I am not sure if you want to start out with synthetics or lace front/ human hair.
Anyways, go to www.wigsupport, and read every thread lol, ask a thousand questions, there is a heap of info there.
Also go to voguewigs.com, they have good reviews on most wigs, plus a youtube demo.
It is very overwhelming I know!
yeah its so overwhelming... but im hoping it get easier.. thanks for the sites .. im gonna check them out. take care!
hi marie...how are u?
well yeah if you have any good websites i would really like to check them out.. thanks for all your help!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service