Hi Everyone

A few months ago I posted a discussion about how to fake eyebrows. I have lost 90% of my right eyebrow and none of my left, weird I know i actually have to get it waxed. So I have been using the BGDL sealer which has been great over powder however we had an extremely humid day on Wednesday causing my eyebrow make up to sweat off. Has anyone used the fake eyebrow from headcovers.com in humid weather? This is the first summer I will be without the eyebrow and I don't want to worry about melting eyebrows.

Thanks!

Views: 6476

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HI Jocelyn,
Guess what I am wearing?!?!? I totally adore them!!!!
I even went for a jog, showered and slept with them, they are still in place. I am wondering have you tried removing them yet and re-applying? I bought #12 and feel they are a bit short for my face .... which ones did you get?

WOW best thing EVER!!!!!
xx
Hey!!! I bought 17 but I think I may try the less arched one. I love the arch but my actual eyebrow over my left eye arches but not quite as much so a rounder shape may match better. I am so happy with them! I haven't put my head under water with them but I will try soon!
I use these and they are AWESOME! I exercise and get sweaty with them, I wear them in the pool, I even sleep in them.

I find that the headcovers glue sucks though. I use DUO eyelash glue and it works much better for me.
Great!!! I use their glue but I will try the duo. How do you get excess glue off? I've been scraping it with my finger nail gross I know lol
The duo come off pretty easily- I just, um, sort of roll it a little bit with the tip of my finger (? if that makes any sense ?) and then it peels right off. lol... I definitely remember the scraping method from when I used the headcovers glue. I find that they're pretty durable though so if you have to scrape it I don't think it will rip or anything.
I agree their glue sucks bigtime! I bought the removal stuff and it works great... I will for sure look into the Duo glue.
Jocelyn: I suggest you get their removal. It is totally worth it! I just bought my second pair (kept with #12) as my back up in case I loose one in the water. Has anyone worn them in the ocean yet?
Tam :)
Hi Eva (and Jocelyn!)
OK so I found DUO glue and bought the "white" glue... is that what you bought? I have to be honest, I don;'t find it keeps the brows on like the "headcover" glue. How do you put the DUO glue on?
PS: TOTALLY understand now what you mean about removing the excess glue. I try to use the adhesive remover with the DUO and it does not work. Agreed with Eva, they seem pretty strong so I have to really scrape it off.... but PLEASE let me know about the DUO application. Last night they fell off in the shower :(
Hello Ladies,

I'm Jamar. I've been weighing the decision to try the fake Eyebrows from Headcovers.com and after reading the conversation(s) I'm ready to invest in it! I have concerns with swimming and sweating because of the summer time so hopefully they stay on. Thanks for the info. It really helped me with my decision.
Hi Jamar,
Totally worth every single penny. I do hot yoga and am a marathon runner and they totally stayed on. My issue (as you can read) is the glue but I found out today you need to get the DUO clear glue because it is waterproof. Truthfully I bought the glue from them (not expensive) and it was fine too... I say get the glue they sell and the remover. I have some mini-growth action going and I don't want to pull off my mini hairs so the remover is essential!

Good luck and let me know how it goes for you!
Tam
I have been wanting to try these as well but just can't decide what shape to get!! I hate going to the gym and having to worry about my eyebrows, and also having to worry when im taking or putting on a shirt that my eyebrows will smudge. I like the shape of either #12 or #17... does anyone have any pictures they could upload so I could get a better idea before i purchase them??
Hey Randi

I went with #17 I will try post a pic soon. Do you have any brows left? I found the headcovers one are thinner than my natural brow but the woman who I go to for eyebrow waxing just put the extra eyebrow on top of the one I haven't lost and plucked around it. I'll try to do upload a pic later this morning.

Jocelyn
Hi Jocelyn,

I just got my fake eyebrows this week from headcovers and I am really pleased. I decided to get them after reading your discussion here, so thank you! I am just so fed up with penciling/powdering in eyebrows...it looks so fake...so I am happy that these fake eyebrows have been invented. A couple questions though to you or anyone who can answer.

I have been removing the brows every night...do you keep yours on for several days?

I have found that if I get hot or sweaty from the heat that the glue seems to almost melt from under the brows and start to form little white glue bubbles that outline the brows.... Is this from putting too much glue on? Or is this just what happens when you have excessive sweating while wearing the brows?

Would love to hear some more advice about wearing these brows.

Thanks,

Sarah

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service