I’m looking for my first wig. I want a full wig that:

1. Looks natural
2. Has a good price
3. Is available online

I would like answers from people who have owned and used wigs. I can find several random sites on my own that sell wigs, but I want someone experienced with buying them.My friend suggestions a wig about lacewigsbuy.com.Where do you buy your wigs? Any other advice?

Views: 2999

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hello,i am on my three wigs already,i bought from a professional website with free shipping,they look natural,you cna have a try on Wigs for sale

Baloney. this forum has been infiltrated by vendors pretending to be Alopecia sufferer's. The truth is that there are very few wigs on the market that truly look real, they almost always need some sort of augmentation. For this reason I suggest really looking for an honest professional to help you through the process. I know they are hard to find, but well worth your investment. 

Read through the other forum out here called "one year wig review"

you will get a brain full of information!  It can be so overwhelming, we know. The thread listed above includes links to other sites. should be very helpful.

it will feel like a full time job... I so hope you find exactly what you want.

I've ordered a lot of wigs from namebrandwigs.com. They're a very reputable company and one of the cheapest places on line to order synthetic wigs. If you're looking for synthetics, I recommend using them. If the price says "Call for in-house special" then call to place your order - that means placing a phone order will save an additional 30%.

Jon Renau, Amore, Noriko, Raquel Welch and Gabor are all popular choices with synthetics. The lifespan of a synthetic piece isn't very long though, so don't overspend on one synthetic (the Jon Renau Julianne is a new, popular wig but comes with a hefty price tag for a synthetic because it's a hand tied cap - not worth it, in my opinion, because synthetics only last a couple of months).

If you're looking for human hair wigs, I would strongly suggest steering clear of the big name synthetic manufacturers who also offer human hair wigs (like Jon Renau and Raquel Welch). Their hair is usually extremely over-processed and over-priced.

I wear mostly human hair wigs now, but I've worn both and still have some synthetics I keep on hand. For human hair wigs, if the price tag seems too good to be true, it probably is. I think Fortune probably has the most reliable customer service and consistency in their quality, and sometimes, you can get a good deal on their DAGU site, but I don't recommend any of the wigs labeled "French top, 100% human hair wigs." There's a reason they're only a couple hundred dollars - the hair is very coarse.

I got a Water Wig by Amy Gibson
Her company is createdhair.com. She has AU and is really compassionate
My wig looks really great I love it I've had it for almost a year
it looks just like my hair and you literally don't feel like you have anything on your head because it's made of all lace
I use tape with it for extra security but if I'm running around just doing errands I usually don't use anything with it but it worked out great
Good luck I hope it works out for you

thanks for the info Kaylamishowdy. never heard of the company, but will check it out. thanks again.

Hey, Kayla! I checked out the website, very interested in the water wig as I surf often with my children. Had a lot of difficulty with other wigs because I had a hard time getting the tape to stick with the water. Thanks so much! 

Hai

I’m Joanna W. Jones

I’m very interested to use different hair styles on my own hair. But, I don’t have more hair growth because of my gene. My friends suggested me to use natural kind of wigs and it’s very easy to manage. So, I search best hair wig manufacturers via online and I found “Priyankaa Hair Traders”. I ordered to buy Brazilian human hair from the traders. Quality of hair is great and I color it. It comes very well and beautiful to see. Also, I received good comments from my friends and family. Thank you “Priyankaa Hair Traders”.

Hi there, I cheat when I buy wigs. I like Amore wigs with a monofilament top I usually go to our local wig shop try them on then by looking at the tag get the wig name and buy them online. I buy mine from voguewigs.com or wigs.com. I can normally get them for half the price of the store price. I personally had always had bangs so I don't bother with lace front but if you aren't a bang/fringe person the lace fronts are a good option.

Can't help but make a statement here. Having been in business providing hair loss solutions for more than 35 years now, this is why stores are going out of business so fast. The overhead is prohibitive and they can not compete with online sellers. In my own case I am lucky enough to be able to match the lowest online price AND personalize the wig for the client since very few look like the photos depicted. However, if any small business is to survive it needs paying customers, not just tire kickers. It is a delicate balance. The store must provide outstanding service and earn the customers loyalty.

I agree with you, however I feel that the stores in my area aren't helpful so I feel zero loyalty. Typically they are pushy, tell me everything looks great (I'm bald, not blind). So I have bought a wig in store several times because I had a good experience, but if you are just going to try to push the most expensive wig on me then I'm going to pick the one I liked and buy it elsewhere.

And on that point I totally agree with you. If we don't offer something more than you can get online, you should not feel loyal.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service