Hey all,

Still trying to find wigs.....ugh....... As far as I know does anywhere in Canada actually sell ROP wigs in a Salon? I hate looking at wigs online and guessing what they will look like on me. They never look the way they look in those pictures......I have tried website after website with those "wigs for your face shape" and I get different results on each site.......Anyways I ordered the ROP color ring. The colors are gorgeous but they look soooooo "shiny" to me. To me it just screams "Doll hair"...Yuck..... Do any people out there buy ROP, Noriko and Amore wigs? Do the actual wigs look as "Matel Toyish" looking as the rings? Please say they look beautiful the wigs...... I am getting so desperate and depressed about all of this. I have even called and left a message with the company Rene of Paris asking where the closest salon in the states is compared to where I live in Ottawa....I seriously will get on a jet and fly down there to try them on.......

Views: 1142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Lori
Can't answer just now but will get back tomorrow.
Not forgetting you just popped in and having to go out again
Linda
Hi Lori
have popped back in.
Ellie is big hair. don't want to offend anyone cos it can look good on some, but in others.........
would be handy if you needed your chimney swept
You don't look as if you need that amount of hair.
(sorry anyone who wears, as it can be a good wig if you can wear it)!!!
Linda
Will write tomorrow as you have appointment friday. Tomorrow is 7 or 8 pm my time after work.
Linda
Thanks Linda for your help..... I am going to try and place the order with wigs.com on Friday hoping they can get it to me by mid December. I am definitely thinking Jamie and I hope it turns out ok and isn't huge.....gosh just so down right now....Will look forward to hearing from you tomorrow and again thanks for your help! One last thing.... Do you consider Jamie big hair? I am praying that it isn't....ugh because it seems to be my only option now that Ellie and Reese are out of the picture....

Lori...
Hi Lori
Been looking and if you are quite happy without a mono top then jamie is ok and not big hair. You may need it trimmed, in fact am sure you will. If however you want a mono top then Codi is a lovely wig, very fine and natural looking. I know you don't like bobs but this one is fine and layered already and if you had someone to chip in some more layers it can look great. Another mono top is tanya, I know it looks old fashioned in the pics but again it's all down to the cutting. Take one of your older wigs with you to your appointment at the wig salon and ask how much they would charge to style. We offer a service of free styling when you buy but charge when you bring your own, perhaps they would do the same and you could judge how she handles it. Don't discount the hairdresser you once went to, she may still be of help, It's worth asking. A tip to make the wig look more natural and to keep it off your face, if you can get a wig that is close to your colour at present and you still keep some of your hair at the sides, bring some of your own hair out so if you tuck the wig hair behind your ears the hair that people see is your own.
After you have made your choice and you have problems with fringes not lying flat or size, please get in touch, I will take you through how to fix it.
Did you get my message about what hairdressers are doing in the UK?
I wish you the very best of luck Lori and please let me know how you get on

Linda
Lori,
Hey there. I just recently started wearing a synthetic wig again. For years I have worn human hair wigs. I purchased the "Reese" by Noriko. It was too big and didn't come in petite so I had to alter it some. I really like it though. I think it looks amazing compared to how they used to look. My friends keep saying how cute the style is and that it looks good. I like the cut I'm just not real comfortable with it not being attached (glue or tape) There are no tabs for tape on it.
Most web sites will let you send them back if not on clearance and as long as the tags are still on. Try Wilshirewigs.com, I like them and I think they may have a sizing guide. Find someone who cuts wigs, I get mine cut at the Cancer Treatment Center of America because they are skilled for cutting wigs.
Good Luck,
Gina
Thanks for replying Gina and I have to say your kids are adorable! I looooovvvvveeee the pinks wig too! The worst part about where I live is that there isn't anyone decent to cut my wigs.... I could see if we have a cancer center in Ottawa but I am afraid that they may point back to the horrible woman that sold me two wigs that are just not good for me.....I felt rushed and there was no compassion with that woman at all so I would rather stick pins in my eyes than go back to her.....She would be the kind of person to mess a wig up on you on purpose.....

Lori..
Caralyn's Hair Solution Centre

Caralyn is fantastic! AND she carries Rene of Paris wigs!

http://www.caralynswigs.com/

1568 Merivale Rd., #3 Ottawa, ON K2G 3J9
(Merivale just south of Baseline - in a mall on the west side)

~Deborah
LOL..... Wish I could say I liked Caralyn but my experience was horrible there. I ended up buying two wigs that I ended up hating.... I am glad you think she is ok. I would never set foot in her place again.....
She is the person that came to see me on a consult and was complaining about how a 19 year old in the next room who had alopecia was taking her time trying to decide on a wig....I thought that was awful. The poor girl is 19 years old and is devastated about being bald. I was 43 when I was diagnosed and I was devastated.... Needless to say between that and the two wigs I was really put off of her. She offered no advice on hair style for my shape of face or color.

I did go to a really nice place though in Gatineau. I can't think of the name. I left the phamplet at work. This girl was awesome. I didn't buy a wig as I already have my Paula Young wigs right now. She told me the color I should buy because of my hazel eyes... Really first class....

Thanks for the info though my dear..... LOL.....

I actually bought a ROP wig called Jamie and I found the fit horrible. The wig kept creeping up my head....I wore it for a week and that was it...... As lovely as they look it just wasn't to be ROP wigs....
I did end up ordering one on line.. i know what you mean it's a crap shoot as far as colors go. but to make the hair shine less I saw on a wig site to sprinkle some baby powder on it and brush in to dull it a bit. also adding productsfor synthetic wigs may help spray, wax etc they have them for wigs. hope this helps.
The wig I am sporting now is Paula Young Snap and it is discontinued. It is blonde..... Yup it is shiny. Gotta try the baby powder in it. I find blonde wigs are worse for the shine..... Like a Barbie head!
When I wear wigs, I always buy Rene of Paris -- their monofilament wigs are very comfortable, and the wigs do NOT look like Barbie doll wigs. As a matter of fact, any pictures you see of me wearing a wig are all ROP wigs. Most people cannot tell that they are even wigs. The key is to have it thinned appropriately if need be when you first purchase it and if it has bangs to have them trimmed by a professional wig stylist. Also, if you can, spend the money to have the wig stylist shampoo and style the wig once a month. It will last longer and you will get more enjoyment out of it.

Since I see this was posted 3 years ago, I'm hoping you found one that you like!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service