I have alopipicia had have had it for many years, my focus has been on finding what's causing it rather than "treatment". I think without finding the root cause than I'll never find the cure.

All of the research I've done points toward chronic infections( things like Lyme disease, fungal/yeast overgrowth , parasites etc)and heavy metal toxicity as the root causes , with heavy metals being primary and infections being secondary. How many members here have silver fillings in their teeth? They contain and leak mercury into the body round the clock. Also how many have co existing health problems (mental or physical , in reality they are one in the same )

Various allergies , depression , anxiety , panic attacks , fatigue , lethargy are all symptoms of these issues as well. I'm interested to hear members health histories and backround info. When did your alopecia start? Did anything change in your life before this like diet, stress, illness , dental work, vaccinations etc

Putting the pieces of this puzzle together might be easier then we think if we all get on the same page. A big thing for me was realizing alopecia was a symptom of a problem in my body , not the problem itself. Let's find out what the problem is ...

Views: 1977

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am a Registered Nurse educator and I agree with Sad1995

I don't want to point fingers here but what I see often is people who had a few spots of AA in their life at some point. Luckily for most people AA have regrowth on its own and they do not have to worry about it anymore. Now these people often think it is because of something THEY did. for example they say well I stopped stressing so it went away. lol okay... or they say I took a multivitamins. hmmm ok.

Silver fillings do not "leak" mercury.  You are referring to dental amalgam, which has been the subject of extensive scientific study.  There is no credible evidence that it has adverse health effects.  Your source of mercury "leaks" is likely a pseudoscientific source, the goal of which is to scare people into buying (and buying into) unproven, unstudied "treatments" by quack physicians.  Please see the American Dental Association's statement on dental amalgam (http://www.ada.org/en/about-the-ada/ada-positions-policies-and-stat...) and Quackwatch's review of the anti-amalgamist movement (https://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/mercury.html).  

Heavy metal toxicity may cause hair loss as one symptom among many.  If you actually managed to ingest or be exposed to so much heavy metal, hair loss would be the least of your symptoms and the least of your worries.  The phenomenon of heavy metal diagnoses is one also associated with pseudoscience and quack physicians/medical treaters.  See Quackwatch again: https://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/fad.html

You seem to have bought into the chelation scam.  Chelation, when used inappropriately -- such as by quacks -- carries the risk of severe and life-threatening side effects.

Lyme Disease is a completely different from fungal/yeast overgrowth.  Lyme Disease comes from bites from infected ticks (Ioxedes genus).  While some patients may suffer from hair loss, it is completely incorrect to group LD with fungal/yeast infections and then to further generalize by stating that all of these things together are a "root cause" of alopecia.

Vaccinations do not cause alopecia.  They also don't cause autism.  

There are many different types of alopecia, with different causes and different treatment needs.

There is a huge difference between causation and correlation.  Just because you have Lyme disease and some hair loss or a silver filling and some hair loss or a fungal infection and some hair loss does not mean that any of these things individually or in combination have actually caused your hair loss.  Anecdotal evidence (i.e., people's individual stories) is interesting and can occasionally inspire ideas that eventually lead to studies that eventually lead to diagnostic and/or treatment discoveries, but there is a reason that trained physicians and scientists rely on the scientific method and long-term, large scale, and carefully conducted studies before rendering recommendations.  

If you are truly interested in finding a "root cause" of or cure for any type of alopecia, you would best serve that goal by either going to a reputable school and studying science and/or medicine or, if that is not possible, donating to well-respected national alopecia and/or dermatological foundations that fund scientific research into alopecia.  

Espousing and spreading pseudoscience will only delay your goal.

It's a proven fact that amalgam fillings leak mercury vapor 24/7 inside the mouth. Mercury in any amount is highly toxic to the human body. Those are both indisputable FACTS. Now whether or not you think having chronic exposure to an extremely toxic substance poses a health risk is a matter of common sense. There was a pretty lengthy period of time when cigarettes were considered completely safe by medical professionals, and there was "no credible evidence" saying otherwise. Does that mean that because their wasn't any peer reviewed medical literature stating the health consequences of smoking that cigarettes were safe ? No. There is a conflict of interest here in regards to the CDC's view on amalgam fillings, if they were to admit fault the financial backlash and lawsuits would crippled the economy.

We're exposed to toxic heavy metals everyday in our environment, food, water etc Pollution is one of the main reasons behind this problem. It's a cumulative effect in the body. The symptoms of chronic, low level exposure present themselves differently than from concentrated, acute exposure.

Heavy metals have an immunosuppressive effect and promote yeast overgrowth. This impairs gut function and leads to permeability.
Lyme is an epidemic around the world , and is sexually transmitted . The ticks that carry Lyme also carry many other pathogens. Lyme creates chronic, low grade inflammation in the body and impairs natural detoxification. The symptoms of Lyme present differently in everyone depending on diet, lifestyle , stress levels , toxin exposure etc. There is currently no 100 petceht accurate testing for Lyme. These issues often go hand in hand, there is much speculation as to what came first but the end result is impaired detoxification in the body.

I talked about the corruption in the CDC and the FDA and the influence Big Pharma has on these agencies already, research the things I've mentioned.

my facial hair came in as thin, sporadic patches since I was a teenager , since I started addrsssibg the issues I've mentioned it's coming in thicker and fuller than ever. Same with my eyebrows. Finding this stuff out and addressing it has changed my life and helped me in so many ways ...

Indisputable facts?  Then cite your sources.  Why should I research the junk science that you're attempting to propagate on these boards?  You tell me where you got it.  Seriously, tell me where you are getting your "facts," and I guarantee you that what you will show me is a bunch of pseudoscience by a bunch of quacks. 

Here's the indisputable fact: You are untrained in the sciences or in medicine and your lack of knowledge and refusal to actually get any type of further education/training makes the easily digestible, conspiracy theory laden pablum spread by these quacks easier for you to accept than the cold, hard fact that scientific development takes decades of careful research, trial and error, patience, and funding -- and that there is no easy solution for a multi-causative condition such alopecia.  

You don't even seem to understand that there are different types of alopecia; you are content to group them all together.    

Don't you understand that these quack physicians have led you into believing that everything is a grand conspiracy?  You have been taken advantage of -- badly -- and it's not by "big pharma" or the government.  It's by mercenary fringe physicians who are preying upon your lack of education, your naivety, your vulnerability, and your gullibility.  

Easily digestable LOL ThankU Ur innocent little typo gave little depressed me a much needed laugh
Hey Matt, please ignore the nasty comments. I sent you a friend request, maybe I can direct you to a Facebook group who talks extensively about these issues.
snake oil seller detected

We can discuss our theories but to insist on them without sensible backup, as is Matt's penchant here and on another thread where he repeatedly tried to tell me I didn't have allergies, is quite a different thing. Thanks for the reality check, Stacie.

I started this thread to gather info from other people suffering from alopecia, not one person has answered any of the questions I've asked.

The things I've mentioned are all real issues and are known to cause hair loss and alopecia like symptoms. It's not far fetched "quackery" or "pseudoscience".

Whatever , you are all entitled to your opinions and sadly, ignorance is often bliss. Ive wasted my time sharing this info, good luck to all of you...
Everything we are taught about autoimmune diseases is wrong. The body NEVER attacks itself. If you have any autoimmune issues than you have infections and/or toxins, many "autoimmune" issues begin in the gut.

I've been studying the things I've talked about and been doing trial and error treatment for several years. I was diagnosed with Lyme disease and fungal infection by M.Ds at UCONN health center in CT. They have one of the best infectious disease departments in the state. It's certainly not pseudoscience or quackery. I have alopecia and when I address these underlying issues my aloexoa symptoms change , so I know for certain these issues play a part in what's going on...

For those of you who challenged the things I've said , arrogance is ignorance. My mind is open. I'm trying to learn everyday and I'm seeing results from implementing the things I've learned . I hope this info helps some people here...

You still haven't cited one source for your claims or brought one proof but sure everyone else is arrogant..

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service