Hello,

My name is Katie and I have had alopcia since I was 12. In the past two years, I have lost all my hair. I am a professional dancer, model and actor in Los Angeles. Because of my career, I have had to figure out how to really gain control of alopecia and keep myself marketable at castings. Not even my agents know I have it. I have researched and experimented with make-up products and found solutions that work for me and I feel like have made me confident and like I have control over alopecia. I wanted to share what I use and do with others incase they want help. Feel free to message me for questions.

For my hair: I have the freedom vacuum hair piece in a dark brown, 14 inch. I swear by this wig. I use only organic natural shampoos...and ones with argan oil in them or keratin. I always leave the conditioner on for about 5 minutes before rinsing with cool water. I let air dry and then gently curl with a 1.5 inch barrel. I use heat tamer and again an argon oil hairspray. 

For my brows: I use a eye primer base, I then use a slanted eye brown brush by anastasia. I use anastasia dip brown in dark brown or the powder. These are both waterproof and I find last long and look natural. I locate my brow bone and then start shading in a shape, I try not to use to much so that it doesn't look penciled in. I then take a concealer and trace around to fix anything or really create a better shape. I then use a powder foundation or HD powder and brush it over to blend with skin a bit and also hide shine. This also makes it stay longer.

For my eyes, I like my eye with a gel liner and brush. I make a cats eye shape with the liner brush. I then use duo waterproof dark brown glue and line the kiss brand lashes in styles "shy" or "pretty". I like these lashes because they are flexible and natural looking. I let glue set for 30 seconds then apply them as close to my natural lash line. Putting the lash over the liner makes it look like your fake lashes are growing out of your skin.  If I use shadow, I put shadow on first. Sometimes I'll smudge some black eyeshadow along liner to give smokey look. 

Hope this helps!:)

Views: 898

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I bought the dark brown, because it matched my hair color. just use a bit at a time because a little goes along way.

How much do Freedom Vacuum wigs cost ?

about 4000-5000, but it looks and feels like real hair. It's designed for your head also, so it fits amazing and I forget I am wearing it.

Oh wow. That's amazing! I was contemplating tatooing. I don't have much time for makeup in the morning ( I have an 8 month old and an 8 year old) how long does it take to do?

you may want to experiment first, It took me a while. There are lots of videos that helps you find where your brow should be on your face and such....it now takes me about 3-5 min. 

If you don't mind me asking, at what age did you start doing your brows?

I started losing mine a little over a year ago. And right away I started filling them in, and now I don't have any at all so I sketch them in every day

I am amazed at how good your brows look in your profile picture.  My 12 year old developed AA…but it possibly morphed into AU.  She's got the blond hair growing back, but we can't tell what's truly happening there.  

She lost her brows a few months ago and I'm far from good at applying them.  She still likes to do the thin line :/  

I'm hoping I can show her your picture for more ideas.  

We spent a small fortune on brow stuff before finding Anastasia and that seems to hold the longest so far.  However, we are only using the dip for it.  Should we add a primer?  Is it just like an eyeshadow primer and you put it on your brows?  

I have some questions about the Freedom wig as well.  She has been wearing a different wig, but bonded (not taped).  That one runs about $2600.  How long do your Freedom wigs seem to last?  How often do you take it off?  

We wash with Purology and need to leave conditioner on longer (judging by your post).  We tend to air dry as well.  

I would LOVE any more information or pictures to show my daughter.  

Hey if you would like to message me I would love to help and give you more info

As for primer , I use either eye or makeup primer. I like the smashbox brand. However, I just ordered "model in a bottle" eye brow sealer and hoping that really secures them. I also use powder over them for security.

The wig I don't wear to workout at gym nor sleep in. It's easy to get on and off. I am rough with mine because how active I am. I just ordered my second one. They last 1-3 years depending. But you can get repairs if needed.

Depends how you take care of it. For instance, because of my activity level and what I am doing....constantly sweating, headstands, whipping my head around....mine is getting damaged.It's not the hair that is wearing out, the hair is still amazing...but mine is that I am getting a bald spot on my wig..haha. I'm sure most people can get 3-5 years. You can get it repaired though. Like mine currently needs more hair inserted in the center part, so when when I get my new one I will send my old one in for repairs. I used to wear human hair wigs from the store and those lasted me 3 months. So compared to those, this is amazing. 

Yes!!yours should. Mine is I believe 14 or 16 inch. 2nd to longest option they have. The hair is so beautiful and I love how it feels and looks completely natural

What HD powder do you use over your brows? I bought the Anastasia yesterday along with the slanted brush but I'm having a hard time figuring it out :( I can't figure out how to do the shape. Yours look so pretty and natural!

Is there a YouTube video in particular you watched?

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service