i was diagnosed with alopeica areata.... my hair is growing back in the many spots that i have...but its also falling out at the same time.. im tired of hair everywhere... so i decided just to shave it off... not completely bald but really low... i have wigs for work........and plan on nothing at home....... i really want to do this and i feel like if i don't it will just haunt me in my mind until i just do it!!!!!

Views: 331

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

well done, and gd luck, i felt so much better once id shaved mine off, hope u do aswell, x
i've had this alopecia for 17 years, and i'm still not used to it! i shaved my head after the 2nd or 3rd year, and have shaved religiously ever since, and i hate the way i look. i just don't understand...
Hi

Good luck with this big step, I'm absolutely confident it will be a positive choice for you. When my daughter shaved off the last of her hair it was nothing but good and she has never looked back.

Rosy
Its freeing! you will enjoy it!!! and my even become addictted (once a week). :) best wishes!
Hi Tiffany, it seems that you are ready.
When I did it I wondered if I was crazy or not, but it was very liberating. You can begin to see the situation from the other side: not to have to few hair, but to have to much;) May be you will even be ready in July for the bald out day? Bald is beautiful!!! Good luck!
Christa
Hi Tiffany - Good for you!!! WoooooooHooooooooo!!! Liberating isn't it. I shaved my head 4 weeks ago to get a vaccum wig, but I was holding on to almost close to nothing. Today I'm so much happier. I love my wig. Have a great liberating season.
Pat
Hi Tiffany, I am a new member and shaved off my hair thirty yrs ago and i found it empowering because I beat it before it beat me. My 13 yr old daughter has AA also and she shaved of her remaining hair last week. I won't say it was easy but she looks beautiful with no hair and doesn't waer a scarf at home but wears one to school. She is getting a wig but has to wait while it's being make. Remember you are the same person with or without hair. Good Luck.
Hey Tiffany,
I love what Christa said "not to have to few hair, but to have to much". Thats Great! I also love this saying I took from a guy named Roger on AW...God made only a few perfect heads the rest he covered up with hair and hoped no one would notice!
AweSOME!!!! just shave it... i couldnt stand the falling hair- everywhere!!!!! so as soon as i got the chance i did it. ;)
thank yall soo much.......i feel really good about the decision...its crazy to see exactly how many bald spots i have...everyone has been soo supportive on here ......my family has been great.. and my best friend is shaving her head tomorrow ...just for support......its been a really empowering thing which i coudln't understand how by just reading other people's stories..... now i know!!.i can't wait to post pics
I can't wait to see the pictures! I am on the fence about shaving...Maybe seeing your pictures will inspire me! Congrats!!
do you feel better now that you did it!??? I'm always thinking about it too!!!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service