I'm a little sad tonight because we usually go to this big biker function every year with about 800 people. Everyone is decked out and I have always looked forward to going. Since my hair loss is so new, not everyone has seen me in my wigs. My wigs are ok, but I wish I had one I really really felt comfortable in. Anyway I did not go tonight. I sent my husband with his best friend. I just did not feel comfortable going in my wig. I wear it to work, go work out, shopping, my family sees it all the time, but I just wasn't ready for this big event. I thought I was accepting and coping and feeling strong, but I felt like this is my choice not to go. I guess I am being stupid. I miss my real hair and the easiness that comes with it. I'm thankful there are wigs out there, but I just haven't found the right one. Or it's just me imaging everyone is looking at my hair. Most people comment they like my hair when they see me. Definitely better with a wig than without. My faith is strong and I get so mad at myself when I feel weak about it. I just needed to vent a little, so glad I have somewhere to go where they understand. My friends don't get it, but I've notice they are more distant too. I don't think they know how to handle it. I know it will get better. thanks for listening... God Bless!

Views: 340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Michelle

Totally relate to this, though most of the time for me I think it's just me over reacting. I dwell on the fact that I think I don't look like me. I used to be blonde (I coloured my hair blonde), when I bought my wig I decided to go dark and keep to the same style I had, so the focus was on the change of colour. I had a few issues with that wig and I still felt like it wasn't me, (read my post about my knotted wig) Any way I have a temporary wig which I actually like more that the orginal one, I feel like me. Today I was a stall and this woman said to me "like your hair, did you have it done recently?" I didn't say anything and then later I said to her it's a wig. She was floored!!! I think with wigs it takes time to work out what suits you , from my experience I think sometimes you don't always get it right the first time.
I have a replacement one on order for the knotted one so hoping that is going to be great as well :-)

We have all been through what you are feeling :-)

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service