Hi,

I think my alopecia areata is turning into total hair loss. my eye brows are losing hair and now my eye lashes. What do you all recommend with this problem??? I want the most natural looking eye brows and eye lashes. I am used to wearing wigs, but now my eye brows and lashes of which I love so much. Any helps on brands, stores, etc.

Views: 1887

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You need to seek some medical advice asap

Hi,

The best and painful advice is to go for tattoos on eyebrow. I am AU since 2009, but I took a decision to go for tattooing on eyebrows to till date I appreciate the decision. I have to admit that i was using pencil to cover up my eyebrows but it needs lot of attention, being a man it is tough to go thru the makeup process constantly was another hassle. I think gender also play a major role on the route you take to adjust the day to day makeover so try to find an experience tattoo person who is willing to do your eyebrows as most don;t like to do tattooing over face. After knocking so many stores I finally found one in Toronto(GTA).

Don;t think too much over it, and try to stay positive as much as you can.

Lost my eyebrows and eyelashes and used latisse. They did grow back. When they start to look scarce I start using it again. It's very expensive and insurance doesn't cover it which is absolutely crazy!

Hi Amy,

How long did it take for your eyebrows to grow back with latisse?

does it really work?

I really liked Latisse but you have got to be super diligent - remember to apply it every night before bed. I kept forgetting a dose here or there but I still saw a lot of regrowth for my lashes. I never saw any regrowth on my brows though. It is $120 for a month too which is INSANE. But I got a small makeup brush and used that instead of the pathetic little plastic things that come with the medicine...you end up using a bit less of the medicine if you use a makeup brush and it applies smoother. I was tired of spending so much money so I did give up on it eventually. :(

form where you get this latisse?

oh my goodness, I had the same thing happen. I started with a few bald spots on scalp, then after a year, total scalp hair loss...then a short while after that, everywhere, eyebrows and lashes have been gone for years. You know, the one nice thing is the body hair being gone is pretty fabulous for us ladies though right? Hey, I agree with the other people, I use an eyebrow pencil and a dark plum eyeliner every day which is great, but then you want to work out or swim? What do you do then???

good question and when its rain

or super hot out and you get sweaty...

Hi have you ever get any blood work done to see it there is some underlining medical problem that might be causing your current problem, such as thyroid problem.

for me i dun everything blood test and skin test and  thyroid .i have alopecia areata .

Hi I only have a very tiny amount of brows and very sparse lashes but I have used 'Lipocils' for a couple of months and it works! I have a lot more brows, blonde so I tint them and its great to see them! It is supposed to be for lashes (I think you can buy a different one for brows) but I used it on brows as its too expensive to buy two different ones plus I figured they are probably the same. My lashes have increased in volume and are now very long. I would like more not as many as I would like but I use the dry fibres with mascara and it looks great. My brows have grown rather long so I have to trim them lol.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service