Appears yes:

FDA-approved naltrexone, in a low dose, can normalize the immune system — helping those with HIV/AIDS, cancer, autoimmune diseases, and central nervous ...

What do you think? a

Views: 15988

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

4.5 is typical. Is it liquid?

Hi everyone,

My LDN should arrive today, I cancelled all of my appointments, so I won't miss the mail man:-), can't wait. Tonight I will start with 0.5mg (my dr. told me to take it slow, if it was up to me, I would start at 1.5). I so hope that at least the shedding will stop, as I am getting balder everyday. I'm trying to avoid gluten and dairy, but not hardcore yet. Maybe I should. Did you guys see this on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8d1yEd480Y. You can watch her video a year later and all of her hair grew back with the AIP diet. I have exactly this pattern (AO). I'm not sure if I believe in this diet... maybe she's just trying to sell the book? Niw, will start with LDN and then maybe consider the diet. Keep you posted!

Be very patient. My pharmaceutical told me 10 months on full dose to see changes. It did stop the massive shedding. I believed it saved her eyebrows and lashes. Some of the faint blonde hairs are turning into dark fuzz. It's slow but progressive. It is working.

Do you know where is possible buy it in internet?

Hi Nicolas,

Why would you want that? You can find a doctor and it's cheap too

what do you think here?

http://www.buylowdosenaltrexone.com/

I am still on 2.5ml  - I think I have lost more hair!  My Rheumatologist has now put me back on  plaquenil alongside LDN - anyone else doing the same? I think I just have to realise that I am going to be bald which devastates me.  On top of that my eyebrows are going and a some of my eyelashes! 

What think about these and how many must be used?

http://www.buylowdosenaltrexone.com/pricing.html

Hi Nicolas,

Personally, I wouldn't trust anything coming from Thailand. I know people who have bad experiences with other medications obtained from there. I also never trust a website that doesn't work with PayPal. But that is me...

Hi Dolly, how long have you been using LDN?  So far no hair regrowth, my hair seems to be shedding even more which is worrying me a bit.  I have also been put back on plaquenil and I am confused how the two will work together.  Also am considering derma rolling my scalp.  Now starting to look at wigs too. Did a year ago but the whole thing was horrible as I could not find anything nice or real looking.

Hi Vicky, I've started a couple of days on .5mg, but I read (in Nicolas' attached link) that 1mg is most common to start with for most autoimmune diseases. Since I don't have any bad side effects (except from flu like symptoms, that are less now), I will taper up to 1 mg soon. So far no improvement yet, I have starting balding in the front. I do have hope though, since I read a lot of positive things about it. It has not been used for AA a lot, but from most people that have tried it, improvement is noticed. Do you have AA? LDN is used for all kinds of autoimmune diseases, AA being one of them. I am not sure if it works for other kinds of hairloss not being autoimmune. Will keep you posted. 

Hi Vicki, I've been on ldn 3 weeks now, just recently ramped up to 4.25, tonight I'll start with 4.5. I know exactly what you're going through. I am losing hair now rapidly and already have had an appointment to inquire for hair coverage, as I won't be able to hide it for very long anymore. I was at the university hospital yesterday and had hoped they would offer some wonder cure, but they came up with cyclosporine. I just bursted out into tears; I was embarassed, but couldn't hold back the tears. All of the people on ldn here have had good results with ldn, be it after some months, so eventhough my hair is falling out, I still have my focus on ldn as a permanent solution.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service