So here's the new wig I ordered that took a month and a half to get to me. I personally love it, but as I wore it I got a ton of dirty looks from girls in the mall. And when I was in Victoria's Secret, a lady who was working there was just staring at me with a disgusted look on her face. I asked here if there was a problem, and she replied with... "yeah I dont see why you're trying so hard to get people to look at you". I made a confused face. And asked what she was talking about. She said " your hair looks ridiculous like youre trying to hard" I was literally in shock. Like what the hell? I advised her it was a brand new wig and apologized for the "ridiculous-ness" of it. She looked at me like I was a monster....and said "well good luck with chemo" and walked away.

I can not believe people immediately assume I have cancer.
And I can not believe that she said my hair basically looked dumb, when I was so happy about it.

Alopecia you never cease to amaze me.

Views: 2082

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I think that this woman is just jealous.... u r adorable! She probably sees how pretty you are and envys you. I agree with the earlier comment, I would of had to put her in her place most def and got some free panties as I was at it! Who does this woman think she is? God dont like ugly....I would have def had to tell her bout herself!!!! Good luck, dont let her bring you down, you are so pretty!

Kayleigh, This does not excuse the comment from the woman at Victoria Secrets. But a lot of times we alopecian have a habit of looking for every ones reactions. Try not to do that with a negative perspective, just be you and let them worry about themselves. What I mean by that, is that I don't think any of us should be walking around afraid to have eye contact or looking down at the floor but we don't need to look for everyone's opinion/approval. No matter what someone does, someone is not going to approve. So, if someone stares and you happen to catch their glance, try smiling and see what happens. I learned that from a 2 year old who has alopecia, believe it or not. Her mother told me that when people stare she just smiles and says hello. I tried it myself and to my surprise usually the person just smiled back. We may be misinterpreting their message or we may break their glare with kindness and they may respond in kindness. If you are shy try it with young kids at firsts. Kids are really good at staring :)

Kayleigh, you look great in your new wig. That lady in VS and the girls staring are just pure haters because they do not know how to be themselves. Being yourself, is doing what makes you happy. I love the color of your eyes, it gives a pop to your whole look. I have wore tons of wigs that caused people to stare and make comments, but it doesn't bother me because I it's my style my way.

Where did you get the wig?

You look so beautiful! And your wig looks amazing, i love it!

People that have nothing better to do than criticize others are suffering from some very low self-esteem issues. Her issue was that you are a beautiful young women and attracted attention, And she did not know how to say she was envious. As bizarre as her behavior was take it as a compliment, And hope she can one day be ok with her self image.
You look awesome babe.

Wow, what a rude lady!! People are so ignorant these days. Sorry you had to go through this!! However, in my own opinion, I think your wig is a little too "much", not even sure if much is the word but it is pretty big. People with hair like yours always draw attention, I even look at girls with hair like yours because you usually assume girls with that kind of hair style as pretty high maintenance, lol. & also, girls with hair like yours mostly wear extensions too. So there you have the "cliche". Without a doubt you are a beautiful girl but personally, I think if your wig wasn't as full/thick on top & styled like that it would suit you better & look more natural :) I have had cheaper wigs but I have moved on from them. I always felt people look at me. Now I wear mono top wigs from mostly Rene of Paris or Noriko & no one ever notices I wear a wig, neither do I get looks. If they do notice my hair they ask me where I get it done because they love it.

I think you look great! Girls will be girls I guess, I have to admit I'm a bit jealous of how great you look too!
I have to agree, it's annoying that people think all bald people have cancer!

Haters gonna hate! Don't even listen to them. Seriously. You're gorgeous and they're jealous.

You're gorgeous.......thumb your nose at the "haters!"

People are IGNORANT....you are BEAUTIFUL....and they are JEALOUS!!! Keep smiling!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service