Has anyone ever tried these for hair strength and growth?:

Biotin

Evening Primrose

Views: 2747

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, I haven't tried Biotin, but I've had a good experience with Marbo Activator. It is a 100% natural hair loss remedy, so I just wanted to share it with you. I battled Alopecia for a long time and tried basically everything that I could find. I've been using this activator regularly for a while now and I hope it will help you too to resolve your hair loss. Good luck!

I have tried vitamin e in the past but not sure if it really helped. One thing I do know helps, though temporarily, is genty scratching a new spot (mine on my face showing as bald spots in my shave) and running ginger in it as many times a day as possible. my spots have often regrown as a result but they do come back sadly when i am stressed. best and glad to hear about biotin which i will try.

I've had alopecia universatal for almost 3 years now.. Still have a hard time with it... I do wear a wig no one knows .. But I can't let it run my life .. The wigs get hot.. They itch .. But I can't and won't embarrass my teenage daughter I'm only 47 and always had beautiful thick hair.. I still dream I have hair.. But "it is what it is" so that's it for now
Ive taken every vitamin out there and no results
Is not a precise answer. it is important to specify which vitamins and what dosage. My eyebrows have grown thanks to the vitamins
Viviscal does not work for any type of alopecia. It will grow existing hair length but has nothing to do with follicular regrowth. There is a clinical trial at Columbia University that looks promising. The Doctor in charge of the study is looking for more patients that fit her criteria which is: patchy alopecia areata, not AT or AU. Ages 18-75. It's a 3 month clinical study. The few patients that are enrolled already have seen hair regrowth. If any one is interested please call the Clinical Research Unit, department of dermatology at Columbia. Ask for Megan Furness, DO, she can be reached at 212 305 6953.
I find it very helpful to read what you write. I would be very interested in knowing why you say that Viviscal does not work for any type of alopecia ? Perhaps you have run a trial ? I also wonder if you have looked at Rob Swierski,s ideas and his diet. I have AU for many years and a couple of other people in my family have alopecia so I am occasionally looking at what is new out there and if there are any helpful new ideas or approaches. I am grateful to hear others experiences and opinions. Best wishes Jane
I'm using the ridiculously expensive Thymuskin products and seem to be losing less hair. But I've also tried other things so I can't be sure if that's it. I had cortisone shots once. I changed to a mostly Paleo diet. I got AA in two large spots about 5 months ago which seem to be filling in right now. This is my first experience with it so I don't know what's working and what isn't. I've worn wigs and hats. I use a colored hair powder, actually keritin fibers, that fills in the patches pretty well.
About 20 years ago when I was about 30 and my hair was starting to thin, my doctor would give me B vitamin shots. At the time, I was really stressed, so the shots worked a tiny bit, but then I stopped going. Can't say if there would've been good results had I kept going.

I took Biotin for about a year in the mid 90s. It really did nothing for me other than make me several dollars lighter. I have known people that it worked for but not me. 

Ciao I'm Simone from Italy, i have alpecia areata universalis from  12 years. I've taken Biotin for different years. About Biotin i can say this:

1) Biotin helps in re-growth of new hair but the hair is weak thin  without keratinizing..without colour

2) nails and hair grow faster with biotin

4) Biotin is very effective for the growth of eyebrows

biotin definitely helps in our disease, but it's important that you take a high dosage and choose a biotin supplement of excellent quality. I had taken for three months  20mg/day in a supplement and I had not seen any regrow; then I changed my supplement and I took 3 months 5mg/day  biotin  and I had the regrowth of eyebrows.I recommend a sublingual supplement of biotin. that the sublingual is to place a medicinal product under the tongue and wait for it to be dissolved after a short time, is a form of very rapid intake and therefore much more powerful.  Biotin is important but lacks another ingredient that make begin the process of keratinization of hair. Maybe can be vitamin D3??. After many years of futile care can tell you from my experience that the intestine is certainly important in the care of our disease. The diet is very important if it is clear that today I will eat a food that is forbidden tomorrow once I see some eyebrows fall. the inflammation of the intestine and too much acidity of the intestine biotin is important but lacks another ingredient that make begin the process of keratinization of hair. Maybe can be vitamin D3??. After many years of futile care can tell you from my experience that the intestine is certainly important in the care of our disease. The diet is very important if it is clear that today I will eat a food that is forbidden tomorrow once I see some eyebrows fall. the inflammation of the intestine and too much acidity of the intestine are connected to hair loss. 

There is no RDA for Biotin because intestinal bacteria produce biotin in excess of the body's daily requirements. Increased need for biotin should be determined by your health care professional.

Conditions that may increase your need for biotin include:

Genetic disorder of biotin deficiency

Seborrheic dermatitis in infants

Surgical removal of the stomach

Biotin is found in foods including liver, cauliflower, salmon, carrots, bananas, cereals and yeast.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service