Recently diagnosed with FFA, first visit after diagnosis is Thursday, May 12.  My scalp is extremely itchy all over including the crown and the back and along the back hairline.  Is this typical?  Does it mean my hair will fall out in those areas too, even though it is FFA?  Just want to be as prepared as possible.  My derm said the first thing is to take blood and get injections.  From what I am reading that is common protocol, but I would like to hear opinions and experiences if you don't mind sharing.

I have already gained so much knowledge and strength from this group.  Thank you!

Views: 729

Replies to This Discussion

I had the steroid injections, not the plasma injections.  I have also lost the hair on my arms and this happened the same week I went to the derm. after my initial diagnosis, weird timing.  I check my eyebrows first thing every morning...such a weird new life..., but I do keep telling myself it could be way worse.  

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service