I'm experiencing unprecedented regrowth, and want to hear about your similar experiences. I have had AU for almost 4 years now, first onset being in my mid-thirties. Possibly there was a link between my stressful job and the hair loss -- I've been away from that situation now for almost a full 3 years. I've been using turmeric (golden paste - supposedly good for anti-inflammation) in the past few months and that's all I've been doing differently than normal. I have tried about everything for varying periods of time over the last few years!

I now have patches of thick, dark hair coming in all over my head, (not connected...yet?) and I'm growing eyelashes and a bit of body hair here and there. I know from reading, not to be too optimistic or get attached, as it comes and goes. But this is something I haven't seen before, and it's all coming in at once. 

What are your experiences with regrowth and AU? 

Views: 25208

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Molly,

Other than the turmeric. Have you altered you diet in any otherway? Gluten-free, GAP, any of those? Thank you. 

Thank you. I was AU for 5 years and grew my hair back on Xeljanz. But for those that have natural remission, without any kind of drugs, and using home made remedies, more power to you!
How long before you started To see hair growth also what was YOURE dose and are you still takeing the dose that you had YOURE results from. Great to hear you had the hair come back very exciting

Thanks for sharing.  How much do you actually take of it.  Doing a little research it says one should not consume more than 3 grams a day?

I freeze the paste in an ice tray. The turmeric is mixed with water, oil and pepper, so there is less than 1 tsp per cube. I stir one cube in my coffee in the AM usually. I've read that small doses more often is better though.

so do you put a teaspoon of paste in an ice tray and fill it with water then freeze it to make a normal size cube? then it does not go bad?

I cook the paste - 2 part water to 1 part turmeric powder, with 1 tbsp coconut oil and some black pepper for about 7-10 min. then scoop it into the tray. Then I pop them out and put them in a freezer bag, supposedly they last longer when frozen.

Any particular brand or qualities to look for when purchasing?

Just look for something organic and as pure as possible. Store brand works fine honestly (for me) but it's supposedly more potent if its more pure.

No Robin, you make the paste (see link above) and pour that into an ice cube tray.

I see that now.....it is just that you don't want any more than 1/2 teaspoon at a time which is a very little amount per ice cube space....seemed strange to me...so I will try it by putting 1/2 teaspoon amounts in a tray and pop them out into a bag........

Hi Molly. How has your regrowth been with months of turmeric? My son started it about a week ago. It took a while to get him on board

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service