This weekend I had 2 really bad experiences. One was where I was in a restaurant sitting beside a table where a lady & her husband was sitting. The moment she saw me she started joking with her husband that I am wearing a wig & its funny. :(. I had to change the table coz I wasnt in mood to fight back but, I did give an angry look at her whenever she tried to stare at me.
Another was when I was standing outside & 2 women started speaking loudly with each other & laughing and saying "hey is she wearing a wig or what?? Go & ask her!!!" That idiot lady was actually coming towards me to ask this!!!!!!!!!!! Before she got the chance to come near me to ask or maybe stare more, I moved away from there. :(....I HATE SUCH RUDE PEOPLE!

Views: 284

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Damn! That sucks. I wouldn't have expected that.
Oh thats not gud Mary. They check u more than other people just coz u r bald.
Thanks to God I didnt get to face these probs during my air travel. It could be really embarassing!
Tks Regina. I will use some of the responses u told me about. I think that one mite work "I am bald but I am not deaf." I am sure at least it will make them realize that whatever they r saying is hurting me. I think I will also say "Try to put urself in my shoes & then speak." Or "What if any member of ur family had this & I made fun of it?? How would u feel???" This one also seems gud "Who knows what will happen to u next moment, then u mite regret saying this!"
Hi tuesday,
Tks for ur support. I agree with u that why do people have to make comments about those who dont have hair. I just wish they just mind their own business & look for imperfections in them rather than pointing it out in others. I always remember what my mom always told me "remember that if u raise ur finger against someone, the other 3 fingers r pointing towards u!!"
Hello Priya, sorry to hear that you were subjected to such adolescent behavior. (The really scary thing is that those people probably vote, too!) A client shared this story with us many years ago. She was at a family reunion dinner when a sister-in-law persistently asked if she was wearing her own hair - right in the middle of dinner. After the 3rd or 4th time she shot back, "yes it's my hair and I've got the receipt to prove it." Sis-in-law never said another word.

Sadly, people don't always realize the impact of their actions.
Oh thats horrible Karen. A lot of my relatives say this stupid thing "Oh its unfortunate she doesnt have hair. How will she get married now???" :(
Tks for the support Mary.

I am sorry to hear about ur bad experience. A lot of people have asked me whether I have cancer. People r ignorant about Alopecia.
Well the same story repeated again today. I was at the mall doing shopping for Christmas. A group of girls passed by & saw & laughed loudly & repeatedly looked at me & continued to laugh. I didnt react , but just stared back at them to make them aware that I heard what they said. BUt I dont think that made them realize that they r being an ASS! :(
He Priya,

Thank you for sharing this with us.

People with low self esteem will always look to others to see what they have. It tells something about themselves than others. Always remember that Karma will find it's way.

Just keep trusting in yourself and ask yourself what the positive things are you can do with yourself. Everything has a reason and maybe your reason is to meet other people and help coping them with the same issue.

Keep strong and stay beautiful from the inside and outside.

Sam from Amsterdam
HI Sam,\
Tks for all ur support & encouragement.
I agree with that u said about karma. I strongly believe in that.
Luv,
Priya
OMG I am so sorry that happened to you. I wish you had pulled off the wig and said YES it's a wig...you have a problem with that?? It keep my head warm....
You should just let them have it THEN see what they say....morons..
HI Sybil,
Tks for ur support.
Here in India its different. If I pull off my wig & say "Yes I am bald" then, this will lead to further laughs, more humiliation & people will think I am insane. This will never work here.
The only things which can work is: stare at them angrily, or call them ass holes, or just ignore.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service