Hello, I just started wearing a synthetic wig two months ago (Infatuation by Raquel Welch), but it's already getting frizzy in back at the bottom from rubbing against my coat or turtleneck sweaters. Is there any way to remedy this, short of cutting it off? This wig is only two months old! Any advice is appreciated!

Views: 14608

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am definitely going to try that. I have a flat iron with an adjustable setting. What good is a synthetic wig that you can't fix after only 2 months?! Thank you so much!
I wear synthetics and I spray mine with a leave in fibre oil conditioner every day, when the ends get a bit frizzy I go to a great wig stylist abd she just trims the ends slightly abd it doubles the life of my wigs. The ends will frizz where they rub in your collar or shoulders but conditioning and a trim works very nicely.

Thanks Debs!  I will be using a leave in conditioner every day, along with the other's suggestions about the flat iron and possibly a trim.

If you do this when the wig is wet it will protect the fibers.

Steam is the best repair for synthetics but you must be very careful because if you decide to reset and steam every mark will be "permanent." If you get the ends crimped and steam them, they will stay that way.

I wear only synthetic and they last for years, but I do have to repair fairly frequently. There are several methods to using steam depending on how much movement and curl you want in the hair. Even though there are sites and Youtube videos that show how to steam, I believe this is a job for an experienced professional. The hair must be reset very carefully.

Synthetic wigs can be easy to get frizzy, so it is important for wears to grasp some knowledge about how to care for them or how to fix them. Here are some tips for you to learn:

How to fix a synthetic wig

1 use the product which is special for synthetic wigs. This will make the fix process more effective.

2 use a wide-tooth brush to detangle the tangles in the synthetic fibers in the same direction with the wigs’ setting

3 clean away the dirt on the wigs with the synthetic formulated shampoo. Put it on a hair stand to dry. You should use synthetic shampoo every week or two.

4 Adjust the strap at the back fo the wig,make sure the right size when you wear it.

5 spry some water on the frizzy synthetic wig, and use some leave in conditioner on it.

6 style the synthetic wig with a curly iron if your wig is curly one, and the heat you use must be the lowest. Then brush your wig when it is still warm and smooth it

How to maintain

♦ Always brush your hair products gently with a soft bristle brush before and after use.

♦ The Hair should be washed every 10-20 wears or when there is too much build-up of products and they become unmanageable or difficult to style.

♦ Wash in lukewarm water, then apply a small amount of shampoo. Rinse out the shampoo and apply a conditioner. Rinse thoroughly. Allow to air dry.

♦ Always use a heat-protecting spray when using hot tools such as flat irons and curling irons.

♦ Store your hair products in a safe place away from jealous women who would be tempted to steal them.

http://www.uniwigs.com/content/how-to-care-hair-extensions-and-hair...

Useful information, thanks for your sharing!!

u r welcome. Can you tell me what kind of wigs you like to wear? and why?

I suggest you buy some better WIG. I once bought a company called EOZY online in some fashion wig store. I think there's quality is okay if you do not think so buy your own wig quality, then you can go there to look at.

I use to wear synthetic wigs. When the ends would get frizzy, I would get them trimmed. My synthetic wig looked so much better, I felt better, & it got a fresh look.
I no longer wear synthetic wigs. I now wear full lace units because it is made of real hair.

Synthetic wigs can be repaired and reset. It is easy to repair, just flat iron when very wet, but resetting takes some care. The hair needs to be rolled exactly like you want it to lay, meaning that if you crimp the ends of the hair, they will stay crimped after you steam. Set the hair on plastic rollers, then steam the hair carefully, getting all angles. Let the hair cool thoroughly before taking out the rollers. Your wig can look new.

I just wanted to mention that when I wear either Raquel Welch or Gabor,  particularly the longer ones, the fibres are frizzy and disgusting.  The heat resistant fibres have the worst longevity,  imo. I haven't been able to repair with suggested techniques.  I am Canadian and with international shipping rates, custom fees and dollar exchange,  even a modest wig easily costs me 200.00. I find it unacceptable that a 180.00 wig wears out so quickly or requires trimming and flat ironing.  I buy the wig with intention to have effortless style in a specific length. I have switched back to Noriko wigs and having better luck.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service