Hi to all. For the last several months my hair has been filling up sandwich bags again. The best derms haven't been able to help me. I have so much anxiety over this that it is causing me to not to be able to function. I just want it to be over, whatever they may entail. I have wasted a fortune on wigs and would really like to know what the consensus may be for the best, most comfortable, natural wigs. I am to the point that I would shave my head to just feel comfortable again and not see these clumps fall out anymore. When I research wigs, I get so overwhelmed. I see pros/cons with all but would like to talk to the experts, you guys who wear them and have experience. Thanks, love n prayers.

Views: 1572

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi there,
If you still have some hair, you could look into hair pieces and extensions. I walked from hair dresser to hairdresser until one was able to refer me to a woman who works exclusively with women who have hair loss. It is amazing what is possible...even extensions that last 6 months and fill in your hair. It is just a thought since you said you have psoriasis and sensitive skin. The less irritation the better! Good luck!
Those are not an option.:( as I'm still losing so much hair.

If you want something that feels, virtually, like a part of you, nothing beats a professional bond with a cap custom-fitted and done in a salon.

I imagine so, unfortunately I live in the boonies and that service isn't offered anywhere around.

Out of 10 suggestions, take three at least and try them to increase your odds for happiness or contentment. Suggestions are gifts, and no one likes a gift shut down when trying to send loving thoughts. Tell us which ones you will stretch yourself to try.

Oh I wasn't meaning to shut anyone down and I do appreciate each comment. I would love to have extensions or bonding, but can't do either right now. I appreciate any/all ideas.:)

I understand exactly how you feel. I wear a Freedom Hair wig. They are made in New Zealand and the have reps all over the country. Mine lives in Texas and she came to see me in Kansas, why I live, to talk to me and show me everything about Freedom Hair. They are custom, human hair wigs, which can be costly but they are the closest thing to real hair that will look like you. Its a vacumm cap so it works best on shaved or bald heads. I lost all of my hair last May 2011 so my synthetic wigs would not work for me anymore. Another wig that is good also is Follea Gripper wigs, they are not custom but have human hair and are very popular. Check their website and also Freedom Hair.
If you need anymore info, please let me know! It's an awful feeling going at this alone. You will find lots of help on this website too. Good luck! Leslie

I have been reading up on both of these. They sound great! Can one wear the gripper with some hair?thanks so much Leslie. I will definitely be asking...

Shaving my head was the BEST decision! Check out my photos of the night before I shaved, and after. I felt in control again. Now it's 4 1/2 years later, and I go everywhere bald and am really comfortable with the new me. I never thought I'd get to this place, but I really am fine with being the way I am. Good luck!

Oh wow Mary, that is awesome! That must be so freeing! I've thought so many times about it, but just can't, not yet anyway. You are beautiful!

Thanks. I don't shave anymore - I have no hair anywhere. For me, there just isn't a choice since I couldn't take the heat and bother of wigs. The bottom line for me is comfort - hiking, teaching my dance class, scuba diving, just going to the store...I just have to have the ventilation and heat loss of a bare head. I'm happy for women that can wear wigs and feel good in them...just not for me. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLhFQlZLAvc

Thanks for sharing! You go girl...that made me smile. Sounds like you have a very fun life. AS has slowed me down a lot. I live in constant pain, have fusion, and fluid on my knee. I used to love to dance! You are very inspiring! Keep twisting sista! :)

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service