I was okay with loosing all the hair on my head, regrowing it, loosing it again and so on. Then lately I was even okay with loosing hair on my arms, legs, other areas on the body. I am okay if this stupid illness takes all my body hair BUT, don't take my frickin eyebrows or lashes. That's just going too far now. My friend is going through chemo right now and she lost all her hair but she didn't loose her eyebrows. So that tells us that alopecia is much more powerful than chemotherapy. It's just ridiculous. Today I read online that researchers partially reversed aging in mice. How about the researchers find a fricking cure for this illness instead. Find a way so I can keep my darn eyebrow.

Sorry, I just had to vent my frustration. :-(

Views: 266

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have thought about tattooed eyebrows and it would definitely be much easier to have that done down the road. Still hoping at this point that the fallout will stop.
I am losing my eyebrows now too, they are almost gone......its horrible......and seems worst than the hair on my head in some ways. my eyelashes are all i have left now.
i'm talking to someone about possibly getting some tattooed on....i don't know.
for now i bought what this store by me called Ulta suggested as the best eyebrow kit. its by anastasia and with tax came to $70. so far i like using it.....i feel like a freak without my eyebrows...my head i can cover, my eyebrows i can't.

Anastasia Beverly Hills.5-Piece Eyebrow Kit ($134 Value)
This 5-Piece Brow Kit by Anastasia Beverly Hills includes everything you need to shape, color, and finish your brows. The All-About Brows Kit includes Brow Powder, Brow Gel, Brush Angled Cut/Spooley, Precision Tweezers, 4 Brow Stencils, Case and Instruction Kit.

eyebrow kit
ps.....i don't normally wear make-up daily at all....so this is such an extra issue....
i kept wondering when/if mine would fall out...

*hugs*
The eyebrow kit definately helped my daughter but when I drug her to the "permanent makeup" place and had them tatoo'd on it was a huge relief to her and she hasn't thought much about her eyebrows since. I think it took her 20 minutes a day to get them on before.
karen.....i'm sure we aren't in the same area....but do you know how to find reliable a "perm makeup" place? i'm sooooo uneducated in that area....even though i do have tattoos. lol

thanks....and i'm sooooooo happy for your daughter. one less thing to feel different about and one less thing to think about!!!!!
I asked around the office and got recommendations from some of the ladies that had permanent make-up. I could see that they had good natural results. I would also ask your derm., my daughters derm recommended the same person. I am in the midwest so if you are near here, message me and I will give you the name of the place that we used. It cost about $500. Her eyebrows are growing back and it is giving the tattoos a fuller more dimensional look. I don't think they will be a problem. We went on the light side so that she could darken them with makeup when she wanted to.
thanks!!! i will ask my derm here...i'm too far from you. :)
i may have to look into this. i just didn't need to lose my eyebrows on top of my hair...
take care!!!
Thanks Maryann, I think getting this will actually be my next step, since it's really slowly falling out, I can definitely use a kit like this for now. Thanks for the link. ;-)
you're welcome. i don't put them on each day....i teach little ones so thankfully they don't notice. but, when i do use it i find it very easy and it looks nice...something for now until i look into whats next. :)
Hey thanks. I'll check it out.
Thanks to everyone for still replying to this discussion. Much appreciated. Right now I've been using a little bit of the squaric acid on my brow. My doc had originally prescribed it for my scalp. It seems to get rid of the inflammation when the eyebrow is under attack. Have to be careful with that stuff though. Everything it touches gets red and angry and swollen. Lost a few lashes yesterday but couldn't use the acid around the eye area so we'll see what happens next. Thanks again for caring.
I know not everyone is a fan of injections, but I have also had my eyelashes injected with very good success. Painful, yes, but it is momentary. The hardest part is finding a good doc willing to do it, some are more afraid than you are. But once you find a competent one willing to do it, I have found that it is not as bad as it sounds.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service