Hi everyone. I got my first wig last Saturday and I'm having a difficult time getting used to wearing it. I love the style, cut and color - it's a beauty and cost so much that I feel like I should instantly feel comfortable wearing it although it makes my scalp so very itchy and in general I'm having a difficult time getting used to the feel of it. I buzzed the remainder of my hair Monday evening so that may have something to do with the itchiness. Does anyone have any tips or recommendations for getting used to a new wig?

Also I wanted to thank everyone for all the warm welcomes I received as I'm a new member.

Views: 6925

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well u have to make a habit of putting the wig on ur head when u go out & it will take time to adjust to it, but after a month or so u will be used to it. Wash ur scalp with aloe vera shampoo to keep ur scalp smooth, & avoid itchyness.
1)Sticky sided moleskin, in packages from the foot section of the drugstore cut and placed on any sensitive areas or places on the wig that are not sewn smoothly enough. More of a necessity with synthetic and/or inexpensive wigs.
2)Sarna ( over the counter) is an excellent anti-itch formula in cream or lotion.
3)the inexpensive stretchy fish-net caps used for making weave hair come in black or brown
4) remove any plastic hooks or clips and tack down any adjustable bands inside with thread. Check that the wig seller did not use stiff nylon thread to make repairs/adjustments
5) turn the wig completely inside out and put it on a wig head. Much easier to visualize all these potential problem areas and repair them.

Hope that helps,
Thea
baldgirlsdolunch.org
Rebecca, I just got my first wig last week also.. I am having a very hard time getting used to wearing it! I also splurged and got a custom made wig which looks awesome! I am getting used to the change, but am not completely comfortable with the actual wig yet. I still have some hair, so my wig has two clips that help attach it to my head... they are SO uncomforable! The moment I walk into my house I take the wig off. It is also very itchy. Not sure what to do about that either!
I did buy one of those expensive wigs. I think I likes all the videos of how it made those girls happy. I spent $2500 and I will never wear it. I am having a hard time going from a topper to a wig. But I have heard synthetic are thinner for thinner hair? Don't spend a lot u til. You know what you want good luck.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service