It is approaching the time when I probably will have to wear a wig all day, every day. It is soooo hot and humid here in FL. Does anyone live in a very hot humid climate and have to wear a wig every day? Is there any such thing as a somewhat cooler wig? I am searching again for a wig that is ME. All the ones in boxes in my closet, well, they may have looked nice when I bought them, or I thought they did, but now, I don't even know who I am supposed to look like. I just wish I could look like my old self again, and have my hair back, even though it was never "good" hair anyway. It was hair, and it was mine!! Blonde colors for wigs are practically non-existent. They all are the wrong color. Ashey, drab, grey looking blondes. Yuck. They are all parted on the wrong side for me. They all have tooo much hair for my small face and features. What to do? I have limited amount of money to spend. I am so afraid to try another online purchase, and get stuck with something I cannot return, and don't wish to wear. Any suggestions from anyone would be appreciated. Oh, and there is the how to tell my co-workers, "hey, tomorrow I will be coming to work wearing a wig" and the looks, side-eye glances, whispers behind my back.

Views: 8281

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You should take a look at the gripper cool and the gripper sport from Follea.

I have alopecia universalis and I think it is very lightweight and cool. I have worn a vacuum for over 23 years and these were very hot.

I agree with the Follea Gripper 100%

I Wear the Gripper sport and it is AMAZING !I have been wearing the same Gripper sport for the past 3 or so years every single day without fail and its great its so durable and has plenty of life left in it.  

I feel the cool wind through my hair to my scalp and love having the wind blow my hair around and not have to worry about it coming off .

I just love it !

I use to wear a Freedom wig for its security i have had i think 5 of them over the years ... anyway I'm a very active person but I too found it soooo hot to wear . When I stay in Australia I would have to be wiping out the cap of the wig every 20 or so minutes to clean out all the sweat  ( it was gross and really smelt bad lol ) just to make the wig stay on . If there's any sweat on your head , the wig will just slid off without ant warning !!!!

Now I wear a Gripper sport from Follea , I never have to wipe my head to get rid of sweat just so my wig will stay on . My Gripper is sooo cool  when I do work out and work up a sweat , the sweat doesn't pool inside the cap  , it goes into straight into the hair and the hair gets wet like it would do if i still had my own hair . Which is great because that makes it look even more realistic when i'm working out .

They could be jealous of your hairstyles. Wear your wigs with pride. Haircuts cost about $40 that in 1 year is another good quality wig. 

Those "whisperlite" wigs sound interesting.

Oh my, I have never paid more than $10 with a coupon ...lol...for a hair cut.  Thin hair doesn't style....

@ Lexi: "Oh, and there is the how to tell my co-workers, "hey, tomorrow I will be coming to work wearing a wig" and the looks, side-eye glances, whispers behind my back."

I can so relate to this you don't even know.. it's the absolute hardest part of having Alopecia for me. I can handle pretty much anything about it except for the unsolicited opinions of others. Last Sunday I went to church for the first time with my wig, and everyone noticed the drastic change. I had told all the people close to me beforehand that I would be wearing a wig, but not acquaintances. So I had to explain myself over and over. I have no advice for it, but what I did was keep telling myself all I need to pull it off is confidence. Also if I just bear through breaking the ice and tell everyone, it will get easier. The whispers and side-ways glances will pass as people get bored and move on to the next thing to gossip about. But for now, it's hard and uncomfortable and makes me feel naked and awkward.

No wig looks natural on me.  Really.  I have too small a face and features to have some monstrous amount of hair on my head.  My thin fine hair has always been flat and silky.  They don't make wigs like my hair ..... I mean, would anyone want that???  LOL

I haven't found one yet that is thin enough to look natural on me either. And wow do I ever miss my silky hair, there's no way to find a wig that is as silky as my natural hair was, and mine was a warm honey colored light brown!

I've heard many people customize and thin their wigs, but if I thin it enough to flow right then wefts will definitely show. So given my options, I'm going with an abnormal mountain of giant hair. With my tiny size I look like a lollipop. But... it's prettier than my real hair with chunks missing, and I can go with fun colors and lengths. I like my wigs they just don't look natural to me. But I did have some people genuinely surprised it was a wig, maybe we just got used to super-thin hair and big looks normal to everyone else.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service