What do you say when people ask you how you get ur hair so straight, or who's your stylist? I hate lying but I don't want to blurt out that it's a wig!

Views: 511

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lol that tends to happen to me as well
I agree Dominique. When it's too perfect it looks more like a wig.
lol so true!
What do you mean by the color blends... sorry, I'm a bit confused since I haven't experimented much
See the style Breeze by Raquel Welch in color SS14/88. Or see any wig that has three colors of hair or two colors of hair, is streaked or frosted, etc. Those look more natural.
ok cool do you get yours from a website or should i just type it into google
I always try them on in person at a wig shop so I (a) am not stuck with something wrong that I can't return, (b) I can see it in a 3-way mirror, with glasses on, in the sun outside the shop, and can check for head coverage/cap fit/length on neck when I bend my head/secure tying job/non-wiggy part, etc., and (c) can get the free bang trim and thinning from a professional wig stylist, which some shops won't do if you buy elsewhere.

I only use the computer to get ideas, but even then, my shops here don't have all brands. Just Google "Wigs" and look for ones that are NOT costume wigs.
Another one I hear a lot is "you're hair always looks so perfect!" When anyone ever says anything about my hair I just say thanks and try to compliment them on something, change the subject or I try and leave quickly. As for where I had my hair done, I say "somewhere downtown, I can't remember the name of the place." Depending on my relationship with the person, I will tell them that it's a wig and tell them about my AU.
ugh I hate it when people saay that .... or theyll say"Do you use a flat iron to straighten your hair?" Life really? random people from the street...I'm going to start asking them what teeth whitening system they use... or something equally as ridiculous!
Well I don't know Vanilla, I don't think they are being rude deliberately. You live in NY, New Yorkers ask what they want to know, we don't beat around the brush. Yup, random people from the street. When someone ask" Do you use a flat iron to straighten your hair?" It's a complement. They want to know, cause they want to go home make their hair as beautiful as yours. Sometimes it's not them, it's us. We sometimes take things out of contents( I know do sometimes) Maybe I'm just sensitive about concern things. I think we are are somethings about something. We must be careful, because remember they don't know the situation, they don't even know it's a wig. Now if someone is being rude... well now.. LOL
VERY TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!! i guess it just makes me uncomfortable...like how do u not know if maybe my hair is just straight? IDK it must be the bluntness of people from New York :)
Yes, some things make us uncomfortable, but careful not to react negative, when there's no need to. Ya bluntness, one of the things I love about New York, don't really have to second guess people Homesick again :-(

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service