I began losing my hair over ten years ago, but it became very noticeable about 5 years ago. I have lost most of my eyebrows and the front part of my hair.  I looked into getting a topper but the problem is that if it's windy, the top flaps up and the hair loss is even more noticeable.  At this point I am seriously considering getting a wig, cutting my hair short and giving it a rest of styling.  There are so many options out there for wigs.  I found a company called High Definition Hair that is located near me that does custom wigs.  Has anyone had any experience with them?  Are there recommendations for natural looking wigs? Lace? Monofillament? Silk? HELP!

Views: 687

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm in DC and I've been contemplating High Definition Hair too. Did you find the wigs realistic looking? Thanks!

Google: gardeauxwigs

Check out Gardeaux Wigs. Gardeaux Wigs is on etsy.com, facebook.com, instagram.com, and YouTube. This lady from Santa Rosa, California, buys 100% human hair, high-quality wigs [mono-filament, lace front, silk-top, etc.] -- then she cuts and colors them. They all have “roots” and highlights/lowlights. Absolutely brilliant! They can be pricey -- but nobody knows it’s a wig! Beautiful!! Excellent reviews.

I have been wearing wigs since I was 10 and have tried synthetic, the suction based wigs, the wigs that are glued onto the scalp but now I only wear Human Hair wigs with a silicone base. My initial fear (coming from having my hair stuck on) was they would fall off. But the climate is so hot in Australia the glue struggled to stick and I was having to go every 2 weeks to get it re-glued which was expensive and so time consuming! 

I now wear wigs that are virgin european hair and they are life changing. The hair is so easy to manage and the base is super secure. I get mine from thebeautifulhairboutique.com but I know stores in the USA also if that helps. 

after YEARS of trying hundreds of wigs, I believe I have finally found the best solution.  First, let me say I own two FREEDOM pieces which are the best in so many ways EXCEPT the price and the hot factor. So I just received and have been wearing my first human hair cuticle intact (**TANGLE FREE**) custom made wig for $840. I got 16 inches but had much of it cut off as it was too long. I was so so sure this wig was going to be too good to be true. I refused to get excited about it as I've been through SO MANY. But this one is wonderful! No itch, no hot, no tangles... I ordered it from a new company who makes the wigs in China. The manufacturer is in China; The lady you order from is in California. Her daughter has alopecia and she knows what we need and what makes a wig GOOD.

Call her! Lisa Dutra in California  Phone:   310 291 0729. 

she will share her email address and photos

To everyone on here If you need help in finding a wig at a reasonable price, try this wig company by the name of Silkawigs, I have been buying custom hair wigs from this company for  over 3 years now and I never had a problem as of yet with any of the wig I bought from them. I used to buy Forutne, Louis Ferre wigs and a couple of other expensive brand as well, which use to cost me a lot of money within the price range of $1,000-2,000 dollars.  So I was tired of spending this kind of money on wigs, that only lasted me a year are less, and that’s when I start to shop around on line to see if I could find a less expensive wig that will last me more than a year are so, as well not getting all matted and tangled when I wear it. I also bought wigs from a few other wig companies online and locally, but after trying most of these wigs I was very unsatisfied with either the hair quality are the wig cap itself. So decided to try this wig company and I’m very pleased with their custom wig service so far and the money I’m saving as well.  Also I know their online store which is Silkawigs.com might not look like your typical high brand wig store. But I must say I’m amaze by the quality wig they have made for me this far. If anyone on here have try their product let me know as well

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service