I have just completed my third month taking Xeljanz. I am on 5mg 2x/day. I have had very promising results to date. Prior to the trial I had about 85-90% hairloss on my scalp, no eyebrows and no eyelashes. To date I now have no bald patches, both eyebrows are filling in nicely and I have eyelashes again. None are as full as before, but very encouraged. No side effects to report, all blood work has been fine. Picture is attached and I wish everyone the best on your own journey.

Views: 3559

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is awesome Chapstick. Very excited for you.

Absolutely amazing.

Thank you for the fantastic update. My 16 year old daughter has been on weekly methotrexate shots for the last 6-7 months with limited "regrowth" I'm exchanging emails with Dr. Brett King to discuss stopping the methotrexate shots and switch to the xeljanz treatment. Have you had any side effects? What is the treatment plan once you get to a place where you are happy with the growth...reduce treatment or stop completely? Most dermatologist want to wait until the clinical trials are completed but that's still another year or two away at the earliest. Thanks for everyone's thoughts.

What has Dr. king said about stopping other treatments and switching to Xeljanz? Like how long do you have to be off the shots before you can use Xeljanz? My Dr. is currently working with my insurance company to get me covered but has me on prednisone and cortisone in the mean time.

Thanks for the reply...we haven't gotten that far in the conversation. My daughter is being treated my a dermatologist from Children's Hospital in Seattle. We aren't seeing the results and I reached out to Dr. King who has been fantastic to deal with.

I'm curious how the "hand-off" would work getting off methotrexate and onto Xeljanz. What has your experience been? Thanks...

SD- Has Dr King mentioned how frequently you'd have to visit his office? I ask because we are both far away from Yale but I heard that his patients normally have monthly appointments.   BTW- I am on Methotrexate and prednilsone currently.  I go to Yale in about 10 days and  I'll let you know what he suggests.

This is amazing and gives me hope :) I just started xeljanz 1 week ago. I have had AA for about 14 years now. It has been live able with extensions for about 11 years and I even had a full remission for about 1 year. But the last 2.5 years I went from AA to complete AT with spastic loss of body hair. Not all but some. Excited to see if this works for me as well as it did for you. Praying for us all!!
Sending prayers!
Wow Chapstick I am so happy for you. Thanks for posting that great picture. Please keep us all posted on what your next steps are.
Thank you! Will keep you posted for sure.
Hi chapstick. Very happy to hear and see your results so far. I was just prescribed xeljanz and took my first pill tonight. Starting on 5mg 2x day. Just a question- I do have some fine white hairs (very few I can count them) that started sprouting prior to xeljanz. Did your hair grow in white and than eventually turn color? do you know if that's how the process typically is?
when it started to come in the hairs were very blond and fuzzy and then turned darker. Best of luck, please keep me posted! Be patient and don't stress!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service