Hi all
I live in the UK, and 4yrs ago I was lucky enough to spend neally a month in your wonderful country, in Perth. Im have AU.
Not only did I fall in love with your wonderful country, people everything, but I was not at any time mad to feel a freak. I did not wear my wig at all, well just once when I took my neices into school most mornings, then one morning they insisted that I wore my wig, just to confuse their friends, it worked, much to their pleasure. People are so accepting and I did not feel uncomfortable. Only one hurtful comment, and yes you guessed it, he was english.
I was wondering if you felt, you are accepted, or was I just lucky?

Views: 4

Replies to This Discussion

perth is a great city! i love it
I must admit that I haven't had any bad experiences with how people treat me and react to my alopecia. Close friends have been very accepting, but interestingly those I meet have been great as well. I'm going to university in Canberra and so meet new people quite regularly. I really think that whats going on in my mind and how I think about my appearance is far worse than what others may be thinking....
Hi Gill, I've never gone out in public without either my wig or a bandana or cap/hat so I can't comment on how strangers react. I'm glad you had such a positive experience in Perth. Do you normally wear a wig in England? I'm originally from Wales and emigrated when I was a teenager with my parents - in what part of England do you live? I've been to Perth a couple of times and thought it was a great place. Next to Queensland where I now live, Perth would be my second choice.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service