I like wearing wigs - and have done for the past year - but I would love to go swimmingetc. I have been told that suction based wigs would be the way to go. I have only seen them through Freedom Wigs in Melbourne (i think) is there anyone in Qld that sells them?

Views: 206

Replies to This Discussion

yes freedom is the best! The rep lives in sydney but she travels all over to fit your wig for you. Contact her via their website. I have been wearing a freedom wig for 13 years and LOVE them!
Do you have any photos of you in one of the suction wigs?
p.s suction wigs are expensive. SO wouldn't say you can find an affordable one. But think of all the cash you save from only needing one haircut or dye job. Also the effect they have on your confidence is amazing.
Hi Martina, I also have a suction wig although I don't wear it a lot. It is very nice though, the hair is amazing...I just found it difficult to wear sometimes because of the heat [I have a cleaning business and I found it a bit oppressive]. However, it isn't a problem on cooler days or when I'm not working up a sweat. They say you can swim in one but to be honest I haven't tried that...I definately wouldn't go in the surf wearing it just in case it got ripped off my head in the surf - too expensive to lose! I got mine from Redhill, Brisbane but that shop has now moved and I haven't the details as to where. I had mine made up approx 6 years ago and have had it repaired once. Inital price was $2300 and the repairs $500. For the first 2 years I wore it constantly and since then intimitently because I discovered lace bases and they were cooler to wear. Now I order virgin hair from overseas, have it sent to me and I send it to Korea to have it made up on an injected thin base...approx cost is $1000 all up. If you like I can post a pic of my suction for you and also on my site you see me wearing a lace base wig and an injected base wig.
HI, All my photos are of my suction wig. They are expensive bit that is because they take so much time and resources to make. Freedom have agents all over oz who will come and speak with you about them. Check www.freedomwigs.com. I have been wearing them for 11 year and they will not fall off unless you grow out of it (which only happens when you are a kid and still growing) re: pats comment I have worn mine wig surfing many time and have been wiped out and my wig stays on fine. You could pull my hair as hard as you could and it would not come off. You have to let the air in by putting your thumb under the back of the wig to let the air in and to take it off. They are warmer but you do get used to it, you just have to put the effort it in get used to the warmth, now I get cold when I dont wear it! haha. Also with freedom they will fix any probs within the year it has been made, but if it is a fault they have made they will replace it free of charge. This has happened to me, they are very honest. Also if $ are a big issue princesscharlottealopecia.com foundation are assisting people with the purchase of freedom wigs, there is a certain criteria but it is worth a try to apply. p.s http://62models.com/62_display.cfm?&modelid=440 this is a website which has lots of my different freedom wigs pictures on it.
Yes, I'm sure they stay on fine...I'm just not taking the risk :)
fair enough. You spend your hard earnt money on them and you have to feel comfortable with what you do. I personally hate roller costers, I still hold onto my hair even though I know it wont come off. Old habit I guess! :)

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service