It is so exciting to see a special web for Canadians with aa. I have alopecia universalis & have tried to get a group started here in my hometown with little success---although I am aware of a few with aa & au. I am interested in knowing how others are coping. I have had this condition for 6yrs & it started late in life---so I am not so young. Are there any "older" people out there that would like to chat????

Views: 37

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Delores
Have you looked at the NAAF's international support groups? They have a listing of all the support groups in Canada, there may already be one nearby! If there isn't, it's not hard to start a group, the NAAF can help you with that. I live in Guelph, Ontario and recently started a group. There are quite a number of "older" people with alopecia, even in my group three of about 20 people are retirement age or better. You are not alone! If you need any advice on coping with alopecia, feel free to chat with me. I've had alopecia for 30 years and although I may not be "older" I am here if you need me!
hi dolores

i have had au for a year now and am 50. i consider myself older lol One thing I can tell you, wearing a wig during a hot flash is NOT a good idea!! LOL

Hi there! These are some older postings, but I am really interested in reaching out to other areas of Canada, to see if people are connecting to CANAAF, and might be interested in talking about how we are all organizing in our respective cities . . .

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service