Does anyone attempt to cover up or mask the scarred area on their scalp?

Makeup, tanning, etc ... ?

Views: 87

Replies to This Discussion

I'd wear your hair the way you have been wearing it. It looks fine. I had a flare up a few months ago at work and there were these open sores on my head that I covered with bandages.

I hope your scalp is doing better now.
Hi! I know I'm really late in responding to this, but I cover mine with a camoflauging product by Derma Match. You may have heard of it? Before this last round of hair loss it covered really well:) Now, it still does a good job but, not like before:( That's b/c of the increased area of hair being gone, not the product. Also, it really is only good if you still have enough hair around the scarred/hair loss area. It goes on the scalp and you order the color that matches your hair, hence it's only useful if you still have hair around the scarred area. Anyway, I feel like I have made no sense here! If you're interested in the product you can look for it on www.dermatch.com Hope this helps.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service