Hi there, I know alot of us struggle with false lashes and putting them on and buying what works so I am posting this:
First off the line I recommend most is Shu Uemura, I have used their lashes for years and they are wonderful, classy, and really fun. I would recommend buying them online at neimanmarcus.com or shuuemura-usa.com or if you can find a store near you, the artist at the counter will help you put them on. The reason I like this line the most is because it is the sturdiest and longest lasting, and the most flattering I have tired out of a million. I noticed with lashes from MAC and drug stores and so on tend to have a flimsier base and are not made as thick. With proper care your Shu lashes should last/can be applied around 8 days or so. I really recommend that you try a pair of Shu Uemura's lashes (Worn by Madonna, J-lo, Naomi Campbell, woohoo!)
Some of my favorites are:
Lux Black Lashes: http://www.shuuemura-usa.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?CategoryI...
and Smokey Layers: http://www.shuuemura-usa.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?CategoryI...

They look wonderful on I always got compliments while wearing the Lux Black.

Also you should order the glue buy Shu Uemura which looks like: http://www.shuuemura-usa.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID...

Now how to apply lashes properly. This takes practice like everything make up.
Prep:
First you are going to want to slowly peel the lashes from the container (because sometimes they can tear or rip which is depressing)
After that you are going to want to cut the lashes length-wise to fit the shape of your eyes, the lashes come really long, so you are going to want to snip the outer corner of the false lashes until they fit your the length of your eye. I can tell you that if you glue them on and they are too big they will peel up on the corners of your eyes continuiously or feel like they are poking you. Before you cut them try to put them up to your lash line and measure then start to snip. After you have found the perfect length you need to bend/fold them around a little bit with your hands, so they loosen put some and mold to your eye shape easier. Now you are ready for application!

Application:
Squirt a small amount of glue unto the tip of a q-tip or toothpick and then use the tip to apply the glue to the base of your false lashes. Apply a fair amount of glue (it will dry clear on your eyes) but be careful not to much or it will take forever to dry! After the glue let it dry (maybe blow on it a little) for a min because you are going to want it semi-sticky (no liquid-y) by the time you put it on you lid. When you think it is ready go ahead and stick it on you will be able to adjust it for several seconds before it fully dries. When I apply my lashes usually I kept my eye semi open, I think it makes it a lot easier then closing your lid. Make sure that it is not to close to your tear corner or the outer corner of your lid for it will water making the lashes peel up. And when applying lashes start with one eye and then the other, not both at the same time.

After you have stuck your lashes on there is one last thing, you are going to need some black liquid liner (a false lash basic)
I like Chanel's ÉCRITURE DE CHANEL AUTOMATIC LIQUID EYELINER (http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prodChanel.jhtml?productI... although pricey lasts for months stays on, and does not sting your lid )
There is tons of brands that sell liquid liner, just find one that goes on dark and is a brush tip. Try going to Sephora and searching around for one. Once you have your lashes and your have your liner in hand take the liner and do a thin (or thick whatever you like) line right over the base of the lashes going partly onto your lid, making the transition look natural. Also for a sexier look take a black liner pencil and line the inner part of your top lid, right under the falsies.

For removal you are going to want to buy a strong eye make up remover and you are going to need cotton pads. Soak the cotton pad in the makeup remover and slowly swipe off your eye makeup and lashes. Peel off the remaining glue that may reside on the base of the false lashes, this will prepare them for using them the next day!
Eye Remover: Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover at Wallgreens, Clinque Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes & Lips at Sephora works well.

Views: 322

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

As a less expensive alternative to the Chanel liquid eyeliner (I have tried I think about every single liquid and cream eyeliner on the market), I really like Clinique's cream liner that comes in a little round pot. For a long time I was using Bobbi Brown gel liner, but the cream liner from Clinique is almost the same, and it's only $15. I like the thickness of a gel or cream vs just a liquid because it gives lashes a more natural effect of growing out of your lids.
ELF makes a great liquid eyeliner - Target carries them and I turned my makeup artist friend on to them - now he carries them and every client of his uses them! ELF really works and stays on fairly well. Urban Decay does well too. My favorite new product is from Bald Girls Do Lunch - they have a cool - non-shiny laquer that you put over your eyebrows when they are done being lined on --- stays on all day!
Attachments:
I JUST FOUND accidently - that eyeliner from Chanel! I bought one of their face creams and got a gift with it - this eyeliner has stayed on my eyes for two full days - SHOWERS - FACE WASHING and all! I am so impressed as I've tried every single eyeliner out there - truly. My make up drawer - which before eyelash loss - was fairly empty. NOW - I have every drawer filled to the brim with eyeliners, eyebrushes, powders, sprays to keep your make up on, eyelashes to put on - three different types of glue for my eyelashes, creams...it doesn't stop. SO - this is a prayer answered.
Awesome I am so glad you love it!

I have a few questions for those who have some natural lashes. Do you make sure the false lashes do not touch your natural lashes? Should you curl and put mascara on your natural lashes BEFORE putting on the fake ones or is this even necessary?

thanks francie for posting this information.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service