I am a happy camper right now!!! Yesterday was the unofficial start of the NFL 2008-2009 season -- Draft Day!!!

Now everyone knows I am a HUGE Minnesota Vikings fan, and so far, all I can say about their draft is WTF???

I like Tyrell Jackson with the 2nd round pick, don't get me wrong, but there are SO many needs that need to be addressed here! For starters, the Vikings need a QB yesterday -- Tarvaris Jackson is NOT getting the job done! Once upon a time the Vikings were a force to be reckoned with in the NFC and gave Brett Favre ulcers year in and year out. Now we are looking at a season opener at Lambeau Field on Monday Night Football, and Aaron Rodgers is a better QB injured than T-Jax is healthy!

Granted, we have Jared Allen and Bernard Berrian, but what good is having Berrian as your wideout when Jackson can't put the ball in his hands? Adrian Peterson is a workhorse, no doubt, but the Vikings are going to end up running him into the ground with their weak running game -- Message to Coach Childress and Zygi Wilf -- GET US A QB!!!!

On the defensive end, Mike Tomlin did a great job before going to Pittsburgh building a defense -- but due to free agency and retirement we need some supporting players here too. We are still suffering the effects of the loss of Corey Chavous and Chris Hovan, and Kenichi Udeze is not playing this season due to having leukemia (even though he is in remission he still won't be playing this year.) Darren Sharper is an asset to the team and has been productive with what he has to work with, but then we lost Mewelde Moore too!!! Needless to say, we need to shore up our defense and start making other teams respect us again!!!

So my question to everyone today is this: How would you rate YOUR favorite NFL team's draft this year???

Views: 406

Replies to This Discussion

Okay, here goes:

1. I AM NOT A MEMPHIS SPORTS FAN OF ANY KIND!!!!! I grew up in Nashville, so my first fan loyalties statewide are to the Tennessee Vols and Vanderbilt Commodores first and foremost (Vanderbilt being my alma mater). I like the Rams too, since when they played in LA. I grew up a Vikings fan because my dad was a Vikings fan!

2. St. Louis did an excellent job drafting Son of Howie -- he's got more athleticism than his old man but the same work ethic and he is great on the field -- he's got the endurance to play for multiple seasons like his dad too -- I think if St. Louis uses him right they hit the jackpot and got themselves another HOFer!!! The Rams also have a history of striking gold with that #2 pick -- think Eric Dickerson, Marshall Faulk, Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce -- all HOF players (or soon to be HOF) and have all shaped St. Louis into the team that it is!

The drafting of John David Booty should be a wake up call to Tarvaris Jackson that his days are numbered in Minnesota -- personally, I don't like that we gave up our 1st round and two 3rd round picks to Kansas City just to get Jared Allen, but I will take a wait-and-see approach to the wisdom of that choice.

As far as the Kansas Jayhawks are concerned, I have a lot of respect for that team -- they traditionally have a great basketball team and are perennial favorites in the NCAA tournament.

As far as my other team favorites are concerned, I am a LA Lakers basketball fan, an Indianapolis Colts fan (dating back to when they played in Baltimore) and a Detroit Red Wings and Nashville Predators hockey fan. I hate baseball with a fiery purple passion, so much so that a better sport to me is watching paint dry on my walls. I like soccer, and like Real Madrid and Manchester United (owing to a HUGE crush on David Beckham). My tv for the most part stays on ESPN and NFL Network and I am counting down til training camp!!!
Oh my gosh! I am so happy to know that I was not the only girl in the world watching the draft! I am a huge Cowboys and Bears fan! I was keeping track of the whole first round writing it all down. My girls thought I was nuts. They just don't get it. I guess we'll just have to wait & see how our teams do. Good luck this year girlie! XOXO!
American football of course!! Now don't get me wrong, I like soccer okay, but football is football!!! For a crash course in America's most popular sport (cause it sure as hell isn't baseball), go to NFL.com and check it out!!!

74 more days til football season starts!!! ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL???
FOOTBALL season is here Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss1
wow kasta, are you from MN? Im a huge vikes fan also. I just got done watchin the game today against Baltimore what a nail biter. now a few games into the o9 season I think we did alrite in the draft in o9 with Harvin and loadholt. and Im glad we picked up Favre I was kinda weary at first but hes been on his game. 6-0 on the way to the super bowl!!!! GO VIKINGS!!!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service