I have never worn a wig, and really don't like the idea of covering up... but I may have to get one. Perhaps not to be worn all the time, but at work and maybe school. Being new to the area, and the concept of wearing wigs, I have no idea where to go.

I've been receiving Paula Young catalogs in the mail and I gotta tell you, I've been so tempted. The prices are very reasonable. Anyone have experience with them?

I also visited a wig shop in Broward county and I was really disappointed. Perhaps I went on a bad day, but I got no attention and the products on display were clearly geared towards a different demographic (I would say women in their 60s or so.) Anyone have any suggestions? I am willing to travel for a fabulous wig shop!

Referrals/suggestions would be appreciated.

Views: 68

Replies to This Discussion

Saphyra, I guess I must be very lucky. years ago I ordered them out of catalogs, and they were ok, but I now have a place a few miles from my home called Custom Hair that has a wonderful selection, and even custom makes them. The owners both have hair loss and their stylists have worked with hair loss for years. I go twice a year and they give me a deal.. buy one get one half price. I am sure there must be a good place near where you are. Or you could come to visit and we could have a wig party and go to the place near me.
Christine
A wig party sounds like a lovely idea! I think it would be wonderful to get a group together! I'll keep that in mind! :)
I get mine online from a lady in new york who has alopecia and has her own salon. So far after 12 1/2 years of wigs, she's been the best I've found. Though custom hair sounds like it could be a great place. Christine, I went to the custom hair shop in Brandon and loved the wigs, but at the time couldn't afford any. Maybe I should go with you to the one in Tampa lol. We should all def have a wig party it could be fun.
Alex - the same couple that own the one in Brandon own the one a couple of miles from me. Maybe we could ask Lori (the owner) for some kind of discount if all of us girls went in at the same time. I have had a good relationship with her for many years now, perhaps I could talk her into it. In any case it would be fun to go in with ya'll and try them on. We could even have lunch, etc.
Frank, Please post the link. It is worth a look. Thanks!
Hey girls and Frank,
I went to my wig place today and spoke with the owner about possibly all of us coming in for a "wig party". She said that would be wonderful. She mentioned if we didn't want to come in during normal hours, she would open up for us after hours. She also said she could make some deals for us. Well what do all of you think? Wanna get together?
Ok so it's def been awhile since I've been on this website. My summer job and the hunt for a new teaching job has been keeping me busy. I'm all up for coming out there for a "wig party".
What day would all of you like to come over? And time? Let me know and I will contact Lori.
new here... and I am so down with a wig party and meeting fellow Alopecian's !! let me know please I am in Orlando.
So I went wig shopping today actually. Im looking for a wig that I can wear and still grow my hair out. and that are a reasonable price because rigth now i cant afford much. It was really hard for me though, being use to wearing PK units, Im not finding anything that I like. The first shop had alot of older looking wigs and I too was disapointed, the next shop I went to was fabulous the had all sorts of wigs styles colors (even a good amount of human hair wigs) the lady super nice and explained everything. after you buy one they cut it for you there at no extra cost, thats if you need it cut. The place was called Premium Hair Enhancement in Dr. Phillips area of Orlando. I havent bought a wig from there yet but I am def goin back when I have enough time to really shop around.
Hope that helps a little
casey
okay.... i know im a bit late but i would love to meet some other alopecians myself and would really love a wig party! it sounds like soo much fun! and i could really use an outing like this! im near the orlando area
I wear a hair system by virtual reality. it is bonded to my head and washes, wears, and blows in the wind like the real hair it is. I wear it long with bangs but often put it in a pony tail. for me it is the best option having tried wigs you just put on. i got them online from overthetop.com. the online help was great and if you are just wanting one to take off and put on, check it out online. mine were by rene of paris. had monofilament cap so looked like scalp.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service