Acceptance and coping (836)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Buying a hair prosthesis was based on my own self-deception and rationalization

I'm not saying my hairpiece (with a silicone base) is not beautiful. I would not want to defame the people who sell hairpieces with a silic…

Started by Zimrie

3 Sep 16, 2017
Reply by ChiTi2017

New to site.

Hi everyone,  like the title says I am New to the site.  I have had alopecia for well since the start of 3rd grade.  I am now 39.  Things l…

Started by Seattlewingsfan

0 Sep 7, 2017

I'm so angry and frustrated inside

ok..I'm 21 years old and I'm an Indian.I joined alopecia world long ago..but didn't really have the courage to log in after that. I have no…

Started by Mini

13 Sep 5, 2017
Reply by Camryn

Very Upset and Angry over Alopecia Areata

It all started about a year ago. I had a very stressful time. My job was crazy . I had a terrible accident at home when I was alone. It put…

Started by CET1993

2 Sep 5, 2017
Reply by Camryn

My alopecia journey

I'm so glad I found this place, I thought I was a lone alopecian in the world for a time. Here's my story, I'm a 33 year old male who was r…

Started by Romick

2 Sep 1, 2017
Reply by Heisten

5 years with alopecia, looking back on my first post here

Hey everyone,  I just looked back on my first post here and guess what it said:  "Really struggling tonight, looking back at me before I l…

Started by Keshia

8 Aug 14, 2017
Reply by Keshia

Tired...just tired

Anyone else feel this way?  I have had alopecia since I was 11...I am now 37.  Long story short...started out at universalis...hair started…

Started by momoftwoboys

4 Aug 5, 2017
Reply by Tallgirl

Hirsutism and Alopecia

I have polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) which causes hirsutism (unwanted male-pattern hair growth on a woman's face, chest, and back). I al…

Started by DoctorInsecure

2 Jul 27, 2017
Reply by DoctorInsecure

Telling others

Hey -  My name is MJ and Ive had AU for 2 years now. Those closest to me know that i don't have any hair, but I'm having trouble with havi…

Started by EmJay417

10 Jul 23, 2017
Reply by Tom

Recently diagnosed and struggling

During the beginning of March I started noticing that every time I brushed my hair, there was a lot coming out. I didn't think much of it u…

Started by Briannarenee723

19 Jul 15, 2017
Reply by Joe

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service