Events, publications, promoting awareness (173)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Alopecia areata is not the end

Hi!! I am Nuria, from Spain and I have decided to spread the word about AA. I am tired of people thinking I got cancer and I am tired also…

Started by Nuni Ta

0 May 15, 2013

Alopecia areata is me

Hi!! I am Nuria, from Spain, 27 years old, I am Industrial Designer, I love traveling and I am bald!! I got Alopecia Areata when I was 25 a…

Started by Nuni Ta

1 May 14, 2013
Reply by Rose Marie'

Alopecia Awareness on Radio Show

Hello everyone!  I host a weekly radio show...Ask the Hair & Scalp Doctor...Weds from 11am cst to 12 noon (usually) sometimes I feature…

Started by Dr. Linda Amerson

0 May 10, 2013

Alopecia Art Project

Hi everyone, I am currently working on a performance piece about alopecia. Part of my piece is about diaspora and community, and I want to…

Started by Olivia

0 Apr 20, 2013

Alopecia Exhibition: kaTARzis

This is why some members of the Hungarian Alopecia Areata Assocciation (MAAK) decided to organize an exhibition to raise awareness about Al…

Started by Kinga GÖBÖLY

0 Mar 25, 2013

Anyone in the New Orleans area going to the basketball game March 1st?

Hi all! I'm new to this site (not new new to Alopecia)!! My AA has just recently started getting very aggressive. I've lost close to 50-60%…

Started by Kara

1 Feb 18, 2013
Reply by Kara

Models with Alopecia, Modeling for Alopecia, Getting our Alopecia name out there!!!

Hey everyone! I have always wanted to be a model from a little girl and when I was diagnosed with alopecia I thought my dream was done. Now…

Started by Chentil Changing

7 Jan 24, 2013
Reply by Peggy Knight

Alopecia support bracelets

Hi all, I really want to get hold of a few support wristbands for alopecia but am struggling to find any in the UK. Any one know where i ca…

Started by Vicki Sampson

5 Oct 23, 2012
Reply by Vicki Sampson

Raising awareness of alopecia

Here are a couple of articles that have been published, with an aim to raise much needed awareness: http://www.walesonline.co.uk/showbiz-an

Started by Gwennan Thomas

2 Oct 1, 2012
Reply by Me&myGirl_Aussie

Arsenic in Rice???

Its amazing how people were not aware that for years the FDA has allowed Arsenic to be added on our foods just like lead. Personally I thin…

Started by Yeshua<3

4 Sep 23, 2012
Reply by Yeshua<3

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service