Symptoms, treatment options, research (2,656)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Alopecia starting during pregnancy

Dear AA Moms (and Dads, if any :-) ), I am at my 21 week (first child), I am feeling very happy (it was very long and complex to get pregn…

Started by Sonja

5 Feb 9, 2015
Reply by Tori

Is it hereditary?

My sister lost her hair 2 years ago shes 34 I ve just turned 40 which I think should come with a health warning and in the last 5 months am…

Started by Charmain Skull

17 Feb 6, 2015
Reply by Charmain Skull

Has anyone who has had alopecia for many years sought treatment with success?

I was diagnosed with Alopecia at age 3 and am now 44.  I went to Cleveland Clinic at age 17 and was prescribed DNCB treatment which was wor…

Started by Robin

0 Feb 5, 2015

Cortisone pills and/or injections?

Hello everyone, I know alot of people use the cortisone injections. It seems to be the popular choice but has anyone tried Cortisone steroi…

Started by DJ88

0 Feb 5, 2015

Dr. King comment on Xeljanz trial to date

I was lucky to get a response from Dr. King regarding an inquiry as to the results of the initial trial for Xeljanz.  I had spoken with him…

Started by Starshine

19 Feb 4, 2015
Reply by lara

Success with my hair growth... kinda - photos Included

I have had a total of three alopecia areata patches since 2013. One of them was able to grow back on its own with the help of supplements a…

Started by HairJourney

1 Feb 3, 2015
Reply by JeffreySF

Lpp and scaring alopecia

I have lichen planopilaris and scarring alopecia. My dr. has me on the foam and rogaine every day and injections once a month. I have gotte…

Started by carol

11 Feb 3, 2015
Reply by Sheryl

Just what does a dermatologist do if you don't want cortisone or other medications?

Diagnosed early December 2014 and I finally have my first Dermatologist appointment today. I'm not interested in medications or injections,…

Started by Aly

0 Feb 3, 2015

Don't want to jinx myself but....

I am a 27 year old female and have had Alopecia Areata since November 2013. In January 2015, after months of heartache and going through an…

Started by HairJourney

0 Jan 28, 2015

Methotrexate + hair growth

Hi everybody Just wanted to start up a new discussion re: methotrexate and hair growth. Has anybody been on this long term and what was you…

Started by twig

1 Jan 28, 2015
Reply by twig

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service