Symptoms, treatment options, research (2,656)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Cytokines therapy gaining momentum for treating Alopecia

Hello, I found this just now on google. It was posted yesterday 12/19/2014.  How this new drug from Korea being every effective for alopec…

Started by DJ88

2 Dec 20, 2014
Reply by Georgia Stephens

Viviscal

Hi -has anyone used Viviscal? I'm thinking about trying it but wanted to get some feedback. Thanks!

Started by RosemontMar

2 Dec 16, 2014
Reply by Bev

Any news on the recent NAAF research summit (Maryland 2014)

I've been patiently waiting to hear some kind of information be passed down the pipeline but have yet to  hear a thing. It's almost as thou…

Started by asp2014

1 Dec 16, 2014
Reply by DJ88

Medications

I was diagnosed with Alopecia Areata in May of 2013 after finding my first bald patch hiding in the back of my head. Since I've lost all my…

Started by Hayley

1 Dec 13, 2014
Reply by Aimee

Dermatologist or endocrinologist?

Hi, I was thinking. For Alopecia, Is it better to go to a Dermatologist or an endocrinologist to be treated? Would a  endocrinologist have…

Started by DJ88

10 Dec 12, 2014
Reply by Lexi

Alopecia

Hello I am French I would want to know if you will have piece of news(short story) of the treatment(processing) of the doctor sorry angela…

Started by kevin

0 Dec 6, 2014

How much cortisone can a child take without it harming it's growth?

Hi. My 9 year old son has had Alopecia Areata since age 2 and we have been doing bolus of solumedrol 5mg/kg 3 times a day for 3 days on sev…

Started by Joana Frere

0 Dec 6, 2014

Cortisone shots

Have anyone had any luck with this.This is my last resort for this problem.She will need ten injections because the two patches are so larg…

Started by kimmy68

4 Dec 3, 2014
Reply by Rose Marie'

Input

Tonight someone told me that AA is cureable and that they thought it would not be candidate to seek support for. Is the their word cureable…

Started by Dadcoach

3 Dec 3, 2014
Reply by Rose Marie'

Article on antigen-specific immunotherapy

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/09/140903092157.htm Having the ability to turn genes on and off is what will be a huge breakthrou…

Started by cws

1 Dec 2, 2014
Reply by Rose Marie'

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service