Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Hair Growing?

My hair is growing, but veryyyyyyyyyy slow in the spots. I keep looking for my hair to turn white as I read happens. That have not happen t…

Started by Angie in Symptoms, treatment options, research

2 Feb 25, 2011
Reply by Karen Smith

Shampooing

Hi guys. Just wondering what kind of shampoo and conditioner everyone uses. I have been trying to find better shampoos to use without alot…

Started by Jaymie Kelter in Other interests

15 Aug 3, 2012
Reply by LitchKing

Anyone have CMC autoimmune disease?

Our daughter lost 1/3 of her hair before we figured out she had a zinc deficiency and were able to reverse it. Her hair has completely grow…

Started by margaret and nicole in Symptoms, treatment options, research

3 Feb 23, 2011
Reply by margaret and nicole

Alopecia triggered by Stress or Trauma- any personal stories like my own??

About a year and a half ago, I was being forced out of a company that I had been with for 4 years due to the boss relentlessly trying to co…

Started by Nancy in Support groups, networking

10 Jun 1, 2011
Reply by liz h

A word of advice from experience

Hello. I'm new on this site. It's great. I would like to give a bit of advice, from experience. My insurance company will give $300 towards…

Started by Lee in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

4 Feb 22, 2011
Reply by Lexi

Stem cell transplant - alopecia cure?

An expert in Medicine told me the only definate cure for AU is Stem Cell Transplant. It involves surgery in which stem cells r taken from b…

Started by Blessed Soul in Symptoms, treatment options, research

18 Apr 8, 2014
Reply by Tuesday

New hairdo...well, more like a no-hairdo

Well I FINALLY took the plunge and just shaved the head this morning. I've been dropping the hints to people all week, getting them ready f…

Started by Greg in Bald is beautiful, head shaving, etc.

12 Feb 23, 2011
Reply by Greg

new baldness treatment!

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/lifestyle/2011/02/18/treatment-stress-grows-hair-mice/ accidental discovery, i can't believe i just read…

Started by anna burns in Symptoms, treatment options, research

3 Feb 21, 2011
Reply by anna burns

I have Totalis ,will Universalis come?

I have had Totalis for three years,and I have seen no sign of loss of eyebrows or eye lashes..Will this come? Can I live the rest of my lif…

Started by Christian Wanderer in Symptoms, treatment options, research

3 Feb 23, 2011
Reply by Angie

Alopecia areata increasing in size but small regrowth in middle of each spot?

Hi, i was diagnosed with alopecia areata about 5 - 6 months ago, and have had 3 spots of different sizes on my head. I have had 2 two injec…

Started by David B in Symptoms, treatment options, research

10 Feb 20, 2011
Reply by Trish

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service