*sigh* About 9 months after my second daughter was born I went on Zoloft. It helped lift my mood...to say the least. I also have low thyroid...

Anyway, I'm glad I'm still on Zoloft because of the AA.

But, what's starting to bug me is all this info. I keep finding about antidepressants and hair loss. My Dr. & derm. both assured me that the hair loss associated with taking antidepressants is a "thinning" hair loss....not a patchy one. On the contrary, I've found plenty of info. to suggest that AA is indeed a symptom.

This is driving me crazy. Maybe I should wean myself off of Zoloft and see what happens.

Is anyone else taking an antidepressant? When did you start? Before or after alopecia?

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have taken Antidepressants. Infact I was on the highest doseage of zoloft. They just weaned me off it and started me on a different one, since the zoloft was at teh max and they were not getting the results they wanted.
Anways, while on Zoloft I have the white furry hair regrowth and kept it. Which leads me to believe that my AU it does not effect.
But, everyone is different.
What doseage are you on? I know that a low doseage of it will not give you side effects. (the doctor told me that anyways-who knows if its true)

Zoey
I've been on many different antidepressants in my lifetime. Prozac, effexor, wellbutrin, zoloft, paxil, and celexa, and all after I had alopecia. I have had a little regrowth but not covering the whole scalp. I don't think the meds have had an effect on my scalp.
I'm only on 50mg. And it's been a few years on the same dosage. I saw my derm. a week ago and she assured me again that AA is not a symptom of taking zoloft. At some point in my life I'd like to get off zoloft...we'll see how the AA goes first.....*sigh*

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service