Hello all. My friend Candy has very low self esteem. She had long beautiful blond hair before she lost it all 7 years ago. She never really recovered. What can I say to her? How can I help her see that hair don't make you who you are! She is a wonderful person but the hair lose really broke her spirit! If anybody can help me help her, please let me know.

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you. she signed up tonight! Her name is Kandi here. she loved the site. So i hope it will help her. thanks.
Bogie is right.. Have her come on here, we can all talk to her. :)
Thank you very much. she is here now. I just got her to go on. i know it will help Kandi!
What is her name on here, I want to go welcome her
Hi

It makes me sad when I read posts like yours. I understand it is very difficult to know how to help someone with hairloss.

I agree with the other ladies get her to join here and also see if there is a support group in your area. It helps a heap to meet in the flesh someone else that is dealing with this condition.

This is what I say to people when I feel they are stuck. Because that's what I feel your friend is. Stuck and frightened.

Why aren't you living your life??

What makes you feel so bad about yourself??

How can you make this better for yourself??

What solutions can you see to make this stop ruling your life??

I have a daughter with this condition and these are the things I have and do continue to ask her over the last five years.

They have helped.

Rosy
Thank you, I will ask these questions. I did get her to join. Many wonderful people here have sent her messages. I think that the longer she talks to everybody here she will get better.
Aw, honey, you're such a good friend to want to help. Please give her my email (I've found that you can't force anyone to accept help, but if you offer a non-invasive way...sometimes they take you up on it.)

I had Alopecia Areata 12 years ago. All of my hair, (and then some) came back. I thought I was home free. Suddenly (and I mean, like, in the shower ... pulling enough hair out of my head that I could make fur coats for all of the chihuahuas in the world), I lost it all.

My eyebrows? gone. My eyelashes? going. My pit-hair and my leg-hair and my...well, you know...gone. There's one thing I've learned - having people who feel sorry for you (um, my MOTHER) - is not what we need. We need people who love and accept us. (like you accept Candy).

Anyway, it's reereep(at)gmail(dot)com.
Thank you so much. I will give her your email.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service