Do you have funny stories of mishaps with your wig or scarf. I'm sure we've all had them. I have many sad stories but now looking back some of them make me laugh. My favorite funny story was I was at my best friends jack and jill party. I was the maid of honor and single and feeling a little depressed so I got a little too tipsy. Well I thought I'd jump in the pool (forgetting to hold on to my wig). I came up and looked over and my wig was floating away from me. Luckily everyone was really great about it and just laughed with me.

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I once bet a guy I would shave my head, in exchange if I did he would have to wear red tights in the shopping mall singing Christmas carols at Christmas.

You should have seen his face when I walked in with a bandana... But I couldn't let him sing the carol and eventually told him at the end of the night that I had a condition called alopecia.
LOL!!! That's a good one. I will have to try something like that. :)
That is too funny. I think I would have let him sing.
Mine was when I was 17, I was bet $500 at work that I would shave my head when I got a set of clippers as a gag gift. When I walked into work the next day with my head bald and a green Afro wig on, not only did I get the money, but one of my coworkers walked into the door to the office doing a double take!
A couple of years ago I went into the surf with my wig on stuck securely [I thought] on. I was blissfully bobbing up and down, going with the waves when along came a biggy that swept me off my feet tumbled me over and over and ripped my wig right off my head! Trying not to drown and look for my wig at the same time as yelling to my partner to come get me, I was mortified as I never ever go outside without my wig. The beach was crowded but guess what...no-one paid the slightest heed to my bald head as I limped ashore. For two days I scoured that beach looking for my wig...alas it was gone forever. Lesson learned - nowadays I stay in the shallows no matter how secure I think my wig is attached.
Back in my wig wearing days. l like to call them the awkard years. I was in the seventh grade. So i was going on my first trip ever to six flags cedar point with my church youth group. A little nervous only my youth pastor and one of my friends knew about my alopecia. So i had three days to hide my wig wearing never being alone and not able to sleep with out it. So all was going well till day two of our trip. It was rollercoaster day. I had only ever been on two other rollercoasters in my life. It was my first on with out my mom. so we rig up this contraption to keep my wig on by sewing velcore to a thigh high panty hose elasctic.( with the hose cut off) and the a piece in my wig. then over my wig a hair band. we tested in on the swings and jungle gym to see if it stayed on. all went well. So we wait in line for 45 mintues all the whiel i was nervous abuot my wig and the ride palms are sweaty which makes my head sweaty too. We get on all is well the wig is secure still nervous about the ride. So iam scared out of my mind freaking out abour being on a roller coaster half way through i get the courage to open my eyeswe hit a bump and feel a beezes on my head. the wigs is sliding off my head and the girl next to me is wondering what is going on. To scared to let go of the bar but want to hold on to my wig i try to do both and the camera snaps. Finally the ride is over i ben over and slump down in the seat quickly fix my wig look around to see too saw. has alook of confusion bur to nervous to ask. no one else saw i was in the clear. tell we get to the photo counter and there i am in all my half wig glory. So to laugh it was i was like man the ride was so fast ti took my hair. everyone had a good laugh that turned in to an hourlong group discussion about my hair. And as a little esture of good faith my pastor bought me that picture. which i still have as a reminder that hey if i wait to long to tell some one about my alopeica my wig just may fly off and be forced to tell them.
Over the years I have had more than my fair share. I guess looking back, the funniest (although none of them seem funny at the time) was at college. I was living in the fraternity house. Twice a year we did major cleanups. Strip and wax the floors, paint, etc etc. When a room was done, we would take a piece of tape and run it across the doorway to prevent anyone from going in and let everyone know the room was done. Well, the doorway to the game room was probably 10 feet across. I had to go into the room after it was complete. I ducked under the tape going in. Did whatever it was I had to do. On my way out, I didn't duck quite low enough.Thats right, the tape caught my wig! Of course for those of us that wear a wig, you know instantly what has happened. I turned around and there it was, still hanging from the tape.I can laugh at it now, at the time I was a bit horrified. Of course there were my brothers from my fraternity were there to witness the event, but everyone went about their business and nobody said a word. Needless to say this sort of thing happened several times while I was at college living in the frat. Nobody, ever once, questioned me about my au or poked fun in any way.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service