Hi Guys.
I find myself faced with a funny situation. I am starting to lose only one eyebrow. What would you do to the other eyebrow???

Views: 223

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mike,

I guess for starters I would trim the good eyebrow and either pencil in the other. You can also get an eyebrow stencil and brush one in or a combo of both.
There are other options as well down the line

Jeff
I've had half of my right eyebrow for about 2 months before shaving it.... it was taking too much time in the morning to have both look alike.... now, I'm back to square 1: no eyebrow at all... but I save a lot of time!
Diane
Well I shaved my other one off :) Than I got them tattooed on because I was sick of drawing them on every day. They look great and now I don't think about if they are going to sweat off or rub off from my wig. Hope this helps :)
I got mine tattooed on, too... and it is the BEST thing I could have done for myself! I don't worry anymore when it's humid, or raining, or if I want to go swim.... or if I give someone a hug and they bump my eyebrow area... now I want to get my eyeliner done since my eyelashes are mostly on strike.
I personally have not experienced this but am anticipating it...I found an eyebrow "pencil" if you will, it has actual hair in it as you paint it on like make up. I have the site and have kept it in mind for myself if and when it ever happens. It really does look just like hair.

Debbie in Wyoming
Hey Debbie,

Details on the hair pencil please.

Jeff
Hi
I have my whole left eyebrow and each side of the right. The middle seems to be missing. Five years ago I had none, so I had them tatooed on. The only problem with that is she made them higher than they were because she said as you get older you drop a little. Now that the whole left one is back, you still see the one tatooed above it. It's not bad, it's really light now, but you still see it.
Can I have the site for the pencil with the hair. I really need to get the other one looking nice.
Thanks,
Debbie
Can you send me the site for the eyebrow pencil? I really need to check it out. Thanks!
I don't envy men with this. Most people think it would be easier for men since they can sport a shaved head and it's already accepted by society... but, like you said, what about eyebrows and eyelashes?? At least women have the option of makeup and false eyelashes if they so choose.

Are you a fan of Miami Ink on TLC? Ami, the guy who owns the shop, chooses to shave his eyebrows off. I hope that kinda helps in some way!!
Hi Mike-

This is a common situation.

Send a pm to info@baldgirlsdolunch.org let me know where you're located. Bald Girls Do Lunch has a brow make-up line. We have brow powders with the right kind of brush that gets a brow on with little effort. It's good for a situation like yours and also good for tatoo touch-ups or just on naked skin.

We've got an excellent matte sealer that keeps it from rubbing off easily. We haven't had a guy do the look yet, but I have techniques that would work on a male brow.....you don't want it to look too precise. ( as in feminine)

So I would experiment basically ..you don't know what looks best till you try a few things.
Probably the place to start is to powder in the smaller brow and powder over the other brow so you have the same color represented on both.

I prefer powder, because it's easy to work with, wipes off if you want to start over has no wax therefore it's not shiny.
Thea
Can you send me the info for the brow powders and matte? I need to fix one of my eyebrows.
Well, when it happened to me, first one fell out, then most of the other one. I didn't like the little patch of eyebrow in the corner, so I shaved it off. Get used to your facial expressions all looking very similar. =)

I've was thinking about having eyebrows tattooed back on, but I kinda like the uniqueness of having a nice, smooth head and face. (And chest, and arms, and legs, and, well, everything.)

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service