Hi Guys.
I find myself faced with a funny situation. I am starting to lose only one eyebrow. What would you do to the other eyebrow???

Views: 223

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the advice. One neat thng about Alopecia World, is that no mater what we are going through, others here have gone through the very same thing.
Its been two weeks since I posted the first message here, and while trying to decide how to hide my eyebrow problem, hair has started to fall rapidly out of the opposite eyebrow, so they may eventually even out. I have decided to wear my eyebrows naturally, as the world map pattern on the rest of my head already causes people to stare, and I am kind of getting used to that (not willingly though), although I must admit I have avoided getting out of the car at the shops a few times because I was not in the mood to smile back at the stares.
Thanks again for the advice.
Mike.
Hi Mike. I'm brand new to this site, but I'd shave the pair of the buggers off.

Regards, Skin.
i left it alone for awhile but when started to fall out too I decided to just shave it off.
Mike, I have exactly the same problem. One started to fall out in June and very slowly has progressed to about 90% loss. The other started in Oct and is at about 50% loss. I use an eyebrow pencil and pencil in individual hairs with a very well sharpened point of an eyebrow pencil. It sound weird but i put the pencil in the freezer for several minutes so that it does not smudge when I pencil in each hair. It works extremely well and looks totally realistic unless you are within about one foot. No one has ever commented and I don't get any stares. Not even my family have noticed. They know about the ali p but actualy think I am over reacting; they can't even tell the true extent of the eyebrow loss. I think I'm going to keep doing this. Looking at the statistics, I have to assume that ali p is temporary for me and lasts a year or so, like the vast majority of people, so I'm not going to get a tat since when it grows back it would be more of a problem having tats under my natural brows. I've also been getting steriod injections in my brows. They are having some limited effect now and I have been getting them since September. Hopefully they have a cumulative effect and grow in enough hair so that I don't have to get more drastic and get tats. I'll consider tats if in two years the injections don't work well enough or it does not grow back in on its own. Anyways that's my 2 cents worth. Even if your scalp is too advanced for injection, you can get them in your brows. Stephen
I had this same thing happen to me. Only one was just thinning and one fell completely out. I just plucked the thin one.
Hey Mike,

What has happend since you posted this?

Jeffrey

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service