Yes I know this sounds really stupid but just wondering! LOL.... I mean you have got to wear the thing right and it becomes a part of you. I am just thinking of this because when I got my human hair wig and they had finished putting the highlights in the hair stylist said would you like to see "her"? I thought hmmmmmmm "her". Kinda thought she needed a name so I decided Desdemona because my last name is a Shakespeare Play so would go with the something like that. Was going to go with Nellie but decided that sounded like a goat!

Sooo Desi and I went out to day to Wal-mart in the wind. She managed to hang on to my head even though I still have hair and haven't had it cut short yet..... See Desi makes me feel better about the mop on my head....Kind of like we are a partnership.....

Ok you people think I am nuts......Whatever gets you through the day! LOL

Views: 4798

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

haha! When i got my first wig (NOT LONG AGO) i named it Dot and then a few days later when i got my human hair wig, i named that one Hannah...:)
I haven't ever named one of my wigs though I have named one of my headstands that I keep my wigs on. I got it from a salon, and it had eyes and everything all drawn on (you know those "realistic" human head ones) so we named it Lola. LOL. what can I say it looked like a lola!
Interesting question. I don't name them yet, but as my collection grows I am thinking about it. Right now I refer to them by the manufacturer's style name or by the type of style (asymmetric bob, shoulder length shag, etc) and color number but it might be fun to name them. My wigs are a diverse lot and definitely seem to have "personality" when I put them on.
I think naming your wigs is great. Like Catfancy, I go by the manufacturers names but sometimes I don't think Rene of Paris gets the names right. I have a Samantha too but think she looks more like a Chloe or a Denise. My blonde one is called Georgie which I think suits her. But the Erika that Rene has looks nothing like me! Maybe it's because it's spelt with a 'k'. If they did Erica with a 'c' then it would have to be long with a huge amount of frizz. I can't see that one being a best seller.

Great thread btw. Thanks for bumping it.
ok so this post made me laugh....and all though I have never named my wigs my friend decided that it should be called the ferret. so long story short a bunch of my friends go to a cabin about 45min off campus on the weekends and when we got up there the one kid asked what they wanted to shoot....well this kid turns to him and says FERRETS!...we all looked at him like he was crazy then he pointed at the table where my wig was setting and we all about died!
LOL So funny!
You guys are all making me laugh with the crazy responses.....Karen hang in there with your daughter. ONe day she will probably take the plunge and come and discover this site for herself..... It is really an awesome place to come.

Ferret! Now that without a doubt is the best I have heard yet! LOL!!!!!
Lori, I haven't given my hair a name in a long time!! When I was about 19, (have had AA for 26 yrs) a friend named my wig (a horrible Elvira style, circa 1991) "Bridgette" not sure why just thought "she" looked like a Bridgette. LOL My husband says I have a diffrent personality whithout my hair, so maybe there is some truth to the "alter ego' line of thought. Thanks for the uplifting insight and sharing. Have a blessed day!!
Lori C
I haven't named my current wig-I don't like it enough-but fashion roadkill sounds about right! But I do have a penchant for anthropromorphizing inanimate objects. A previous wig was "Veronica" for old Hollywood screen siren, Veronica Lake. When she began to shed and her lining started to show I took her glamorous moniker away, she was alas, an unfitting namesake.

I traded in "Holly Hyundai" for "Honda Anaconda" and my GPS Navigator was "Navi" When I decided to switch it up and use a man's voice, the erudite and mysterious "Naveen" was born.

My basil plant is named "Basilina" and when she got little white mites my mother coined her " Mighty Basilina" (now we know where I. get it from.). Now that I have a personal relationship with "Basi" I don't like to use her for soups and sauces, then again maybe I'm just parnoid that the mites, might have come back ...
Mighty Basilina! That is freakin hilarious!!!! I so know what you mean about forming a relationship with a plant. I am one of those who just can't intentionally kill a plant. I mean it can be basically dead hanging there in the pot and I can't finish it off by pulling it out of the pot..... I have lots of plant corpses around my house! LOL......

Your names are fabulous.... Fashion roadkill sounds like the human hair wig that I wrote about in this thread. I ended up hating that monstrosity and it sits in my closet on a teddy bear. I must say it does a whole lot more for him than it does for me!!!

The wig I wear now I have named it Honey because that is the color it is... I have a funky multicolored auburn in the same style I call Siren.....LOL!!!!! Might as well have some fun!
There is so much truth to the alter ego...... I feel sexier in my funky auburn wig which I like to name "Siren"......It is the exact same style but really nice vivd colors..... LOL Bridgette aka Elvira.....What a laugh and thanks for sharing!
Soooooo funny everyone's reply!!!! LOL...... My human hair wig "Desi" is now called "Deceased"...... I hate the stupid thing.... It now sits in my closet on a teddy bear.....LOL

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service