Hey everyone,
this is so amazing. i have never EVER met anyone with alopecia and thought for the longest time that i was the only one. I have been longing to meet somebody that understands my struggles, my emotions, my pain. I have had AU for almost 15 years. It started out slow and it wasn't until college until i finally lost all my hair. growing up with obvious hair loss and no eyebrows or eyelashes has damaged my emotionally and I am just now starting to deal with these emotions and accept that fact that i will never have hair again.

i'm very grateful for this community because i feel like the loneliness is finally gone. i can finally talk about it and move on to enjoy my life a little more.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help and advice.

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Amber & welcome to the site.
I'm sure you'll find plenty of support on here. I've been AU for donkeys years (English slang, sorry) & have learned to enjoy it. Self-acceptance IS the key to letting alopecia into your life & NOT letting your life be governed by alopecia. IT IS VERY difficult to achieve, but once you do that, you've cracked it! - Good luck & best wishes.

Skin.
Hi!
This is a great site. It's wonderful to talk to people that really, really understand what you are going through. I started with AT 8 years ago and then 2 years later went to AU. Now I have some hair on my head, but it doesn't look like it's going to hang around very long. I really had my hopes up.
I still cannot accept it and don't know if I ever will. I want so much just to put my hair back into a ponytail when it's hot, but I have nothing to put back. I'm not brave enough to go without my wig, so I'm still trying to accept it. Besides, my husband would cringe if I did that. Talking to people on this site say their hubands don't care either which way. I wish my husband was like that. I really need him to accept this so I can accept it better.
But, like I said, anyone here will help with any and all questions you have. I'm sure there is nothing they haven't heard. They will support you on your worse days and nights. I've been here a few weeks and it' really helped me. Hopefully, you will find the same. Good Luck
Hi

This is a good place to meet others dealing with the issues that this condition brings. It's always great to know you are not alone.

Hear from you again soon

Rosy

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service