Usually when Alopecia is presented to the public, it’s in a somber way and seen as “bad”, and to some it is. Sometimes, people with this disease just want to see that they are not alone, and need encouragement. This is especially true for women in this society with Alopecia.

For a woman, bald, her look would be viewed as a cosmetic disaster, not beautiful at all in most eyes. None the less, being a bald woman in this society is just not “Normal”…but “What is Normal?” I ask.

My goal is to uplift the insecure souls of women and let them know that they are “Normal”, and to educate the public by raising awareness about Alopecia.

My Mission is YOUR Mission and Vision, and I need your help! There needs to be More education, so that there's UNDERSTANDING.

I need WOMEN and will possibly use men and if permission is given, I'd like to use a few kids.

If you're interested, please reply or write to bbibby_org@yahoo.com

Views: 38

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I would be willing to be part of this.
I am definitely interested -- I sent you an email as well!
This is not just for those in the USA...I already have 2 out of the Country who will get photographed by a Professional and will forward me the photos and their stories. The Photographer will get credit in the book.

Release forms will be sent as well.
Bibby, we have been corresponding for a while before "Alopecia World" and then I told you that I would love to be a part of your project, I think this is a great idea! You go girl!
You know that you are Already accounted for...we just need to set up some time for a photo shoot.

I want to THANK the ones that are participating from across seas, I've gotten photos already since I can't get to them for a photo shoot.

This Book will be BEAUTIFUL because it will contain such beautiful people, educating the public about Alopecia in a different way and Light!
hi im new on this but im intrested 2 no more about wat u r doing please get in touch by this or leoguglieri@hotmail.com i have alopecia since i was 5 im now 25
I'll be sending you a email soon...
i just sent you an e-mail, julia. let me know if you received it.
I just sent you a reply...let me know
This sounds like a really awesome idea. I would totally like to be part of it
Hey Jennifer, send me you email address so I can put yo on the list. I'll be meeting you here in Louisville too...right? We'll certainly have photos before June...hopefully:))
Hey Jennifer...are you still in?

Let me know, ok

Happy Thursday!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service