I still have two patches of little hair. I shave them often, but I always seem to get razor burn on my head even when I use shaving cream and water. Does anyone have any advice on how I can shave my patches to get them completely smooth without causing myself pain and having to shave everyday????????

Views: 90

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sometimes it may be the type of razor you are using. Me personally, I use a Gillette Fusion razor (the one with the 5 blades) and I shave my head every morning. I use Aveeno Shave Cream and alternate with using regular hair conditioner. Using hair conditioner is actually giving me better results than the shave cream route -- My head is a lot smoother and the shave lasts longer. Realistically, the better the razor and the faster your hair grows, the more you will have to shave it. If irritation is really that big of a problem for you, then try cutting back to every other day and see if that helps you.

Good luck!
Thanks! So, instead of using shaving cream, you use conditioner?
Yes ma'am. I started using conditioner because I had bottles and bottles left over when my hair fell out. I had to do something with it!!! LOL

Seriously, I had been using conditioner for a while on the occasions when I had to shave my legs and it really worked in terms of moisturizing and preventing nicks. So I tried it on my head too, and it keeps me from having to use a moisturizer or lotion when I get out of the shower! My personal preference is any Pantene or Optimum Care, or Design Essentials conditioner; however, if you had a preferred shampoo and conditioner when you had hair I would recommend that one.
Razor update: I upgraded to the Gillette Fusion Power razor and now I only shave my head every 3-4 days! It's a regular razor but it is battery-powered, so it gives me an even closer shave and no nicks!!!
I love my head blade. It only has 2 baldes but it is great and fast. no nicks and they have a great line of lotions and creams to go with it. i only have to shave once a week or two with it with a regular razor it was every other day. it fits in the palm of your hand and the sport on has these little wheels on it weird i know but it works.
I use a pre shave product then use my electric razor. Smooth as silk

Jeff
I tried the Headblade but the stock, 2 bladed razor left a lot to be desired. Maybe the 3 blade is better. I switched over to a Gillette Fusion with Edge gel for sensitive skin and really like the results. After I'm done, I rinse my head with cold water, then apply a good skin cream. The cold water rinse supposedly helps minimize the irritation. I have to shave every 2-3 days. Might have to try YoKasta's method using conditioner...I was wondering what I was going to do with all those hair care products.
Waste not, want not!! =)
I use baby oil first then a good shave cream and at least a triple blade razor. I tend to like the gillette products.
Hey, gas was still a dollar a gallon through the 90's too!!! LOL

Would you agree that being able to use an electric foil razor would depend on the texture of hair you have??
I am using a Gillette Mach 3 shaver with 3 blades together with Nivea Sensitive shaving gel. I am doing it every morning and by 7 or 8 in the evening you start to see already the contour of the patches. Meaningless to say that i wish i could have shaved them again then.

My question is, did anyone has used instant waxing cream? Like Veet (http://veetformen.co.uk/home/index.html)? I mean they say it is not for removing facial hair and scalp, but, did any of you heard what can cause? Do you thing it should worth a try? I am tired of shaving every morning with such poor results.

Another question that i had in mind, would the daily shaving negatively influence the regrowth of the new hair? I am thinking this since i am still undergoing treatment currently and I was wondering how can i see the results if i am to shave daily?

Cheers,

Cristian
Has anyone ever tried a razorless cream shave? I just found one that is specifically for the head - to help with "bald head maintenance" - it's basically Nair! Any experiences out there?

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service