Hi all,

How are you all doing? Hope the weather is as good where you are as it is in sunny London today!

I had a quick questions for you all, as a new wig-wearer (almost 2 weeks now!). I usually have near perfect skin, however, over the past week or so I have had lots of pimples and oily skin which I think is due to the way that the hair on my wigs falls around my face, especially as I now have a fringe. Has anyone ever had this problem before and does anyone have good tips for preventing the oil on your skin?
Thanks so much!
Kate x

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe its not the actual wig, perhaps its product on the "hairs". I'm not sure if this is the same as you, however I now know that if I use any type of product on my wig (hairspray, spray gel, lustre spray etc.) especially in the front or face area I get little pimples and sort of a rash thing on my forehead. I hadn't used any product at all for so long and last week I wanted to change the side I wore my part on and I used some hairspray, a couple of days later bumps and pimples appeared! eek!

So for me, I use very gentle stuff, after cleansing my face with a makeup remover I use a cotton ball with witch hazel and gently wipe the entire forehead. I only use it on my forehead because my skin is naturally very dry and I don't want to aggravate it any further. After that I moisturize with 30,000 IU of Vitiman E cream. After 4 days of this the irritation, pimples and bumps are nearly gone. This works for me.......

Kate I'd love to see a shot of you with your new "do"! I actually just got my first headscarf last week and am experimenting in that arena (sorta the opposite of you) :-D
Two words: Proactiv and Neutrogena!!!

I have really oily skin too, and what I have noticed about being bald is that my skin on my scalp ends up being the same type of skin as the skin on my face. I normally don't buy anything off TV, but Proactiv is the only thing I have ever used in years of fighting acne that does exactly what it says it will do! Neutrogena is great for sensitive skin; I tend to alternate between the two and if you look at my pictures on my profile you will see how great it works!
Clean and Clear cleanser with 10% benzoyl peroxide. It is a purple and white tube and costs only $4.00.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service