Hi everybody,

I know this has been posted before, but I am looking for your input.
I have done many hours of research on the major wig companies.  Follea, New Hair, Fuller Hair and Peggy Knight and of course the other internet vendors out there.

As you know i have alopecia areata.  I have been completely bald again since July 2009 with no regrowth.  Now of course my eye brows are starting to fall out.  aggg... I have had history with my hair coming back and staying back for about 3 years than it would fall out again...Well I have gone thought this 3 times and I don't know if my hair will ever come back again. 

So with that being said,  I am not looking to get a vacuum piece at this time, unless my hair does not come back in 4 years than maybe I will go that route.  I did have a vacuum piece from locks of love..I really like the naturalness of lace wigs, but the lace wig I have now is sooo scratchy and the hair breaks off like crazy because it was processed soo much.. The pictures are posted on my page with the wigs I have now..

What are your experiences with these companies?  How long did it take to get your piece.  How was the customer service?  Did you have to send your piece back for repairs?  How long did that take? 

Do you know where I can get a good quality lace type wig?  I saw the Follea add,  the follea gripper.  Does anybody have one of those wigs... Sorry my post is soo long.  Any experiences good and bad please... Thanks

-Becca

Views: 4988

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Regarding Brenda Kay's wigs -- there are different types of human hair and the most expensive is virgin European hair, which is what I chose for the four wigs I've had her do. They are fabulous and the hair is soft and nicer than my own hair was (I am wearing one of them in this photo). Of course, every wig comes out a little different, but if you are not satisfied Brenda Kay will do whatever it takes to make sure you have the wig you want. Not every wig place guarantees that.

I emailed Brenda Kay regarding my disappointment with the quality of the hair and I never heard back from her. Sometimes I thought it was just my ineptitude with styling the wig but I don't have a problem with the other wigs I've purchased from Freedom and iwig. So even though I truly love Brenda Kay's wig for comfort and fit the virgin European hair I got was coarse and hard for me to make look natural but I'm getting better with working with it and it does look better. It just doesn't move or feel like I want it to. Brenda Kay is an artist with styling and making you look your best. I will always be very thankful to her for helping me come to a better acceptance of my new reality. 

That is not good! I wonder if you used her correct email? I am shocked and sorry that she didn't get back to you and wonder if something happened. I know she often travels, and  perhaps she had an inept assistant. Did you try calling? Would you like me to contact her for you? 

I feel so bad because I truly loved Brenda Kay. She is an artist in her field. I don't want to cause her any grief. I just had such high hopes for the wig I purchased from her. If you think talking to her would help please let me know what she says. I hate causing problems for her but truly this could have been the perfect wig. I went to her after I read your book. It also helped me come to terms with my Alopecia as well. Thank you. I used the email on her web site so I believe she got it. It was a very hard email for me to write. Best to you and thank you again.

Sweetie, don't feel bad. I will see if I can find out what happened. 

HUGS!

Thank you Leslie. Good luck. HUGS to you as well.

Hey Judy,

Apparently Brenda didn't get your email...the girls at the front desk must not have forwarded it to her. She said she is sorry and that she will write you a note today. Or you can just call her...she will be glad to help you.

Hugs!

Thank you for your help. I'm not sure what she can do with it though. It's the coarseness of the hair that is so hard to work with. It needs different hair and that would mean a new wig, I don;t think that would be something she would consider. I guess all I can do is talk to her and see what she says. Thank you again LeslieAnn. I'll let you know how it turns out. Judy

Hi Becca, I have a Follea gripper and I love it.  I just got fitted this week for a Freedom wig and it will be while before it arrives.  I am not sure which wig I will like better but I will come back on and post.  I also have a variety of shorter synthetic wigs which I wear for tasks like grocery shopping or a sporting event or to work.  But for the really big events-a wedding, date night etc I love my Follea gripper.  I found Peggy Knight  to be very compassionate and helpful.  She called me personally and Alyce the rep in my area came to my home.  She was also extremely kind and helpful.  Yes, it was pricey but it was money well spent.  I like my Follea so much I was going to buy another one as a backup but that's when I decided to give the vacuum wig a try.  I got my Follea in one week, by the way, just in time for my stepson's wedding. Good luck with your search Becca! 

Bridgid! Your gripper looks amazing. It was so nice to meet you in your home.
So glad you are happy with it. I love mine too. I ammhappy you received it in time for your big event. Keep in touch. Alyce

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service