How many people on this site just end up bicing the remains and go smooth bald?

Views: 751

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When I finally did it ,, I was hmmmmmmmmm I have a cute head,, that made me happy, and what the heck I was starting to go grey,, and was depressed about having to color it,,now my problem is what pretty scarve to wear. And there are times when I really do like being bald. I hope someday soon I can walk the streets with nothing on my head,, I have friends who do it ,, almost there. Not yet.
There are times ,,yes that I really like being bald. strange, we are suppose to love hair so much being women.
I had a pretty rockin' comb-over in highschool that I thought was doing a good job of hiding the roughly watermelon-size thin spot up top. Boy was I wrong.

I don't remember what class it was, but as a final assignment, I and few others had to create a mock news program on VHS. My team procrastinated so badly we didn't have time to preview the tape before presenting it to the entire class.

Sitting in the middle of the room, seeing my head from the vantage point of others on the giant 80's era TV, my stomach started doing lazy rolls, as if trying to decide whether now would be a good time to turn itself inside out. I just couldn't believe how bad I looked. Comb-over schmomb-over, I was in full-on cancer patient mode! I wanted to run from the room or hide under my desk, or both.

Anyways, I shaved 'er all off the next day. It was a scary thing to do, but I swear that hair must have weighed 10lbs. It felt great to let it all go.

My head's been hair-free since then, with the exception of some seasonal fuzz I scrape off with a bic. The fuzz only shows up in summer as a result of an increase in sun exposure (I think the sun damage gives my immune system something more important to focus on). None of the hairs get any longer than a few millimeters, but I can feel them "blowing in the wind" anyways. Drives me nuts.
Hi Matt,

I know what you mean about feeling like you lost 10 lbs. When I first lost my hair, at one point all that I had left was bangs and for whatever reason I could not let go of them. I was fitted for a wig and the consultant asked if she could shave it off for a better wig fit. I told her no... Later on when I got home, I did it myself. Finally my "worst" fear was realized, but instead fear I felt relief.
You know holding on to those patches is what casues the most pain...after I finally used the clippers on the hair I had left, it was a few days later when I use a razor and shined it up... Wow did my head feel good for the first time! I couldn't stop looking at myself in the mirror and rubbing my smooth head...lol :)
You know Yvonne, I felt similar. I did not hate the reflection that I saw in the mirror, but I think I was afraid others would. I also remember the awesome feeling of showering, when my head was not use to the sensitivity.
well im coming from where i do hate the reflection in the mirror; i feel like a freek most days; alittle bit of hair that i try to make lay down and look half way decent so that i will not scare people; or wear a hot wig ---- i figured i hate the reflection surely everyone else would too..... i mean its bad enough to be a bbw and now im a bbw that had no hair--- sorry i get on a pitty pot from time to time
I definitely agree with you! Getting rid of the last of the hair was a relief for me! I thought it would be hard, because i was holding onto my "precious" hair, but it wasn't precious at all, it was so gross, it was dead, & getting rid of it was a completely freeing experience!
Ashley...silly question, but how much hair did you have when you decided to shave it? Was it just really thin or could you see actual patches?
May I weigh in .....

First, as stated I do not have Alopecia but I am one of those rare persons who support those who do, and get very upset over comments made towards someone who has Alopecia. To think there is something wrong with them is beyond my thoughts.

Second, I like the humor, yes I call it humor, everyone has in posting their reply. It is good to see this amongst such as those here. Humor helps things better.

Third and finally, I shave my head, and have done so since 1982 regularly -- before it became popular with all the big sports players -- and shaved my head back in the early 1960's in high school, too. When Gillette came out with the RUSION razor I tried it and have never turned away from it. It gives me a closer and smoother shave than the BIC and Head Blade, and those other ones. I, also, use Gillette RUSION shave cream. I find the FUSION just glides over my head with no pulling, not matter how dull the blade gets, and I do not nick, nor cut, my scalp. I have even shaved with just warm water and got the same results with the FUSION.

JimB
I definitely went the Bic route... just turned out to be easier that way. I love it so much, I keep it that way now even though most of my spots have filled in.
Boy, does it feel good when you get rid of it!!! It is depressing to watch it all fall out slowly, day after day. When it's gone you just have a sense of freedom and you can get on with your living your life.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service