How many people on this site just end up bicing the remains and go smooth bald?

Views: 751

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I shave what little is left of my hair when i can be bothered. i was told not to by many different people - the doctor, the hairdresser, the dermatologist. i was like, if shaving is gonna damage the hair folicles in that little patch and all the rest grows in then what the hell if i can live with being completely bald i can live with a little bald patch although to be honest i don't think it did it is the only part of recurring growth i have and the one bit that just wont fall out.
I..go bald..but razors still show the patches as my hair is black....(my wife still says it's where the aliens are probing me..)...and DON"T try nair....(OOOWWWIEEEEEEE),,,,,,
I kinda wish all my hair would go away....but i've been talkin' to one fella' and he says the eyelashes are a b___ch when you lose em'....
This is true -- when you lose your eyelashes (as I have) every little dust speck, mite, pollen grain, you name it -- it gets in your eyes and makes them very itchy and irritated. Right now I am living off Benadryl and Restasis drops for my eyes to keep them moist and not itchy -- it feels like a permanent case of pink eye!!

I'm currently in my sixth month of being totally bald, and I have discovered two things so far: one, a Gillette Fusion Power razor is the BEST thing in the world to use to shave! Two, because I have naturally oily skin, the skin on my scalp is no different -- so now I have to use Clearsil every day on my head just like I do my face!! How retarded is that???? :)
We did at first but our mom thought differently. So now we do have a alternative. Please read our Personal Story and see why we fight against hair loss and support those with alopecia. Daily women all of ages actually cry after seeing what we can do to restore hair. Our greatest reward is restoring happiness as we did with our mom.
Me! I'm thinking "screw it" and am gonna bic off the rest. Well maybe not bic...yet...probably just buzz it for now. ;)
Ive been asked this, and I dont know how I would feel. Scared a bit I guess. Dont know If I want to do that or not.
You will love the way it feels and it's so nice not having to see all that hair falling out anymore.
I'm completely AU now, so the question is moot for me. BUT, I shaved my head in January when I was about 50/50 hair and bald areas, and I can tell you that it was the best thing I could have done! Before I shaved, I was saddened every day by the clumps of hair I would pick up in my bathroom, and what I would see on the shower floor. I would examine my head with a hand mirror to try to determine if the bald spots were expanding. I was miserable. Then I just shaved it all off. Instant control of the situation! Instant relief from the depressing evidence of the loss. Instant comfort.

I shaved every week for a couple of months, but as of about a month ago, I don't have to anymore. I'm happy that it's gone this way, because I like not having any stubble.

(FYI, watch Shear Genius on Bravo TV next Wednesday, July 23.)
I bic-ed off my hair ten years ago (I was 15 years old). Best AA choice I've ever made. Now that I think of it, I actually used a disposable BIC razor to do the job.
What a relief to shave it all off rather then having to find hair strands all over the pillow each morning.I can also wear my wig better now :)
Hi

This is a big decision for many. My daughter felt huge relieve when we finally shaved of what was left of her hair(about 10% could I have left it any longer - I don't thing so). I felt - actually it's hard for me to express what I felt. Sadness and worry I guess tinged with a good dose of pull yourself together Mum this is a good decision.

We have gone through the shaving scenario twice because my daughter has bouts of regrowth and bouts of AU.

When I ask her now she says she would never want her hair to grow back as it's bloody annoying in her words. She loves her wig and is happy with her choices. Not much else to be asked for in my book.

Shaving is like taking control back. It's great.

Rosy

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service