How many people on this site just end up bicing the remains and go smooth bald?

Views: 751

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know, Sarah. Personally, I think holding onto 40% of what's left of your hair is a mistake. There's no way that it can make you look good. I'm sorry, but, to me, it only makes people look ill.

Henna is fine, but I can't begin to tell you how much better you'll feel and look if you took a set of clippers (or a razor) to your head first and brought it all down to scalp.

I honestly believe you'll feel much better about yourself. Having said all of this, I'll support your decision and will never bring it up again. I simply had to be truthful with you, having been through it myself, remember.....
I still use my electric razor and it works great.
Ive been losing a lot of hair on my head - Im not sure if its down to life just being a right bllleeeep or a temporary thing in reaction to an op I had last year. I was definitely thinning before (pcos) but after it thinned (top and front) at a speedy speedy speedy rate! Im only affected on my head (oooh I wish it was everywhere else instead - still as hairy as a gorilla!!

I wont go anywhere without a hat on and am trying out different scarves.

Its really interesting reading about everyone who has shaved. Im not sure if Im brave enough yet but thinking about it. Either that or the wig / posh weave move.

I have a question though.

On some parts of my body when I shave I get lots of bumps (upper thighs) when the hairs grown back or at least some (on my face - ooh the joys of pcos hair removal). Usually spots too which is my skin reacting to the hairs growing back.

Do you think that would happen on my head too? If so I dont want to go there - its sore if nothing else and my whole scalp would look like one big red rash if it reacted badly!
I ended up doing this when alopecia kicked in for me and my hair fell out when I was 14. I wore a headwrap for about two weeks, looked into wigs but they just weren't for me, and then I realized what I had to do- the bic/shave. And I'm a black woman so the bald look is sort of natural, although I was a very active teenager so I knew I would be looked/stared at a lot.. and the stares really don't stop, do they...
The first time I got rid of the rest of the patched but never went out in public bald. I always covered my head. This time is different. I guess it doesn't bother me either way. I've lost my hair twice now in the past three years and I like the patches left. One day I hope I'll have to courage to go out bald.
hi my alopcia has become infammed in one area, it is itchy and red, was is this? will it get worse?
i just keep mine very, very short. I'm afraid that if I use a razor it will be really itchy under my wig. If I wasn't going to wear a wig than I might consider it.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service