The National Alopecia Areata Registry (NAAR) is an organization sponsored by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS). The NAAR is comprised of five sites: the central Houston, TX site located at M. D. Anderson Cancer Center and sites in Denver, CO, New York, NY, Minneapolis, MN, and San Francisco, CA.

The Registry will be a resource of clinical data and selected biological research samples, stored in a central repository and available to investigators studying the disease. The Registry does not offer treatment for alopecia areata. But, in collecting genetic and environmental factors that predispose for alopecia areata, we may develop better medications, new clinical trials, and perhaps a cure.

Please consider registering with us! Individuals who are both affected and unaffected by alopecia areata can join.

To learn more, please visit our website at:
www.AlopeciaAreataRegistry.org/

Our toll free line is: 1-866-837-1050

Email contacts:
Thomas Rodriguez, Research Assistant, tarodrig@mdanderson.org
Kerri Fernandes, Research Interviewer, kefernan@mdanderson.org

Thank You! Be Part of the Registry! Be Part of the Cure!

Views: 18

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for getting the message out! I've been on the registry since 2003 and I am already a Second Tier participant. Please help us to get controls and more participants!!!!
I'm registered and spreading the word!!!

Jeffrey

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service